PDA

View Full Version : BB Trya passed for flight test

probshaw
15th August 2007, 15:13
Its been a long haul but the Trya can know offically leave the ground in the hands of the flight test.
This will be the full 25 hour flight test as per AW010B plus some extra tests on the luff lines.

Project test pilot is to be Dale Coupland.

mdphillips1956
16th August 2007, 07:28
Hello Paul,
Congratulations on getting it this far... and to Jeremy too of course for his sizeable contribution; I guess we can look forward to seeing it at Popham this coming spring.
Mark P..........

probshaw
16th August 2007, 09:04
The Trya will only be flying thanks to Jeremy; all I have introduced is time and perseverance. Jeremy has always been the brains behind this and with out the work he did origanally (and still continues to help and advice when required) the project would not exist. I have also had help and advice from many others and these too will always have my gratitude

fjgarbar
18th August 2007, 14:06
Congratulations from Spain. I have flown my Trya this morning and everyday Im more happy with it.

probshaw
19th August 2007, 08:25
Thanks FJ, If you can I am sure people on the forum would love to hear your experiances. Cheers Paul.

michael_reece
28th August 2007, 15:28
Brilliant Paul! Let us know how you get on....

fjgarbar
24th September 2007, 19:46
Hello paul:
I flow my Trya wing last weekend. The weather was not very good because of the storms but the wing flow very well in turbulence (not strong turbulence) and in raining conditions (flying around the stormy cloud for only 5 minutes with not a heavy rain but enough to became wet. I use a wood propeller and cant stay for more time).
By now I have flown this wing for 24 hours with no problems.
I wait your news about your test.

Chaser
13th November 2007, 20:30
Hello Paul, how are the tests going, i still want to buy one, was just hoping it would be this year?

probshaw
14th November 2007, 17:07
The test pilot will be finishing off the test flights next week, weather permitting. All the light weight stuff has been done and the results are looking good, I will release the information on here as soon as I get it. I think being realistic its probably going to go into Jan or even Feb before we are released for sale.
From the comments of the test pilot though it will be worth the wait.
Cheers Paul

fjgarbar
16th November 2007, 19:29
Im looking forward to see the results. Im not a test pilot and Im sure that I can learn a lot from your experience.
By now I have flown my BB-03 wing more than 30 hours. Im thinking in getting more tension on the sail just to see how change the cruise speed. With the sail on the less tension position I get more than 50 mph with my Rotax 447 at 5000-5100 rpm.

probshaw
17th November 2007, 19:46
Should get you an extra 10 to 15 mph. Cheers Paul

probshaw
18th November 2007, 17:59
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
LOOKS LIKE NO TEST FLYING THIS WEEK UNLESS THE WEATHER ALTERS BEFORE WENDS DAY. PLUS TEST PILOT IS UNEXPECTEDLY UNAVALIBLE FROM WENDS.

Kevin Armstrong
16th February 2008, 21:59
Went to Rufforth today and was really chuffed to see the Trya being test-flown, Paul and I followed the TP around in the circuit, and although I should have got closer (but was trying to avoid sensitive neighbours) the little machine looked stable and sat nicely in the air, with a level trike and graceful wing at a normal angle of attack.

The hangpoint adjustment looks a doddle, Paul changing the position in five minutes from full fast to middle. I reckon his ASI is wrong, as they were discussing low-50s in mph, whereas it looked to me to be tripping along fairly smartly, certainly I wasn't catching it up that fast at 80mph in my Quik.

Tough and simple, quite good looking in the air and a 100% double surface wing too. Ripe for fettling, and brilliant value for money.

Kev

probshaw
17th February 2008, 17:21
Thanks for the flight Kev,
Just 1 more good day and we should see the flight test finished off. Just after you left Dave the t/pilot cleared Steve C. to take it up so we should be flying it a lot more now.

Cheers Paul.