Thread: C42 updates ref throttle cable sticking - anyone getting any service bullletins or anything?

C42 updates ref throttle cable sticking - anyone getting any service bullletins or anything?

I've just seen something about throttle jamming due to something catching on a BMAA aircraft in the latest LAA magazine and Pioneer have said they will issue a small modifiacton for this ongoing problem and fault.

It actually says the LAA is mandating a service bulletin by issuing a Airworthiness information leaflet.

Now as the LAA magazine artical says this has been quite a common occurance of the throttle sticking, and we are lucky that the C42's technical expert Malcolm did a great job of identifying this to the LAA and Pioneer that it got me thinking. Should we not be told of this kind of happening on our BMAA aircraft and should it not be bosses at pioneer who hold the sales,service and factory backup who should be urgently telling all of the C42 owners both LAA and BMAA of very dangerous stuff like this and not leaving us to fend and ind out for ourselves?

Infact i've not had any updates, or information officialy from Pioneer UK to welcome me to thier fold since they took over or to give me telepone numbers to call if i wanted help or support or even if i wanted to call someone to buy a new C42 which i am looking to do as a matter of interest.

So what concerns me now is what other service bullitans or aircraft info have we not been advised about and what should be the actual route to enduser owners for stuff like this?

i have to say that i'm now not sure if buying another C42 due to lack of support and backup from the importers is a wise thing to do.

so firstly can anyone clarify technical airworthy stuff's route to us all please, should Pioneer do it, the CAA or the BMAA. they al have access to our details to write to us don't they!

Nick.

C42 updates ref throttle cable sticking - anyone getting any service bullletins or anything?

Itís the speed of the response that impresses me!

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE !!!

Hi

This is the link for the Comco technical information they have it in English since the Demise of Aerosport.
    You could also ask questions on the main forum(English not a problem if like me your German is not great) just explain the model (UK) of the Aircraft.
    I want to make it clear that I am posting this to try to help my fellow C42 owners and I know the UK C42 is different. That said, they are the manufacture and they will answer you.
    Hope it helps

http://www.comco-ikarus.de/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=10&sid=2d8e0558434c16f68bb09e235d8 275f3

not real name 500 Club

Member Settling in

Hello C42 owners and other forum readers.

As you can see from the AAAIB report on the C42 at Leicester it had not had the recommended service bulletin mod done - SB28 dated May 2010 which would have prevented this accident. Service kits are still available from Red Air for SB28 and if anyone needs one please let me know.

Please note that all C42 service bulletins are available on the Red Air web site under the technical tab see http://www.red-air.co.uk/SERVICE%20BULLETINS%201-28_web.pdf and I would urge all owners to make sure that their C42 has all of the applicable SB's signed off in the log book. I would check with your BMAA or LAA(kit built) inspector if you have any doubts.

Regards

Malc Stewart
    Red Air UK