Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flash IIa - Regulator

not real name 500 Club

Flash IIa - Regulator

Hi Victor,
    The heat from the exhaust doesn't affect the reg at all. Just make sure the wires aren't loose and can't brush against the exhaust, or close to it. From your picture, it looks like the wires are secure enough though. I probably will go with something in the 5Ah - 7Ah range. I'll probably go for a gel battery. Bit more expensive but a bit lighter too. I like the look of that MGL E1! I have a Mainair Mercury (Flash II trike, Alpha wing) and although I think it looks bloody beautiful, panel space is at a premium, so this MGL thing might be something to put on my wish list. Would you recommend it? Also: do you fly in Mexico? Is there much of a microlight scene over there?
    David.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Flash IIa - Regulator

Why fit it on that side Victor when the charge wires come out of the engine on the other side....loads of places to mount it away from the exhaust....even as David say it wont get hot,

The wires to the batt can then fit into the Velcro with the main loom.

My reg when I had it was fitted by Mainair down by the pedals.

Nick.

Flash IIa - Regulator

David, thanks for the advice, I will lok for a 7Ah gel battery then. about the E1, yes, it is a great choice, the way you can program the alarms (max temperatures, HOBBS Timing, etc). There are lots of microlights around, from most of main manufacturers, and at main beaches you may find tours.

Nick, mainly because that was the side I found the first reg, and if theres no worries about the exhaust it will be OK.

Victor

not real name 500 Club

Flash IIa - Regulator

Nick,
    I fitted my regulator directly on top of the junction box on the exhaust side because that is where the wires needed to be fitted: inside the junction box. Your engine may be different though. It did mean that I had to run wires along the back of the seat frame to get to the velcroed loom, but I would have to do that regardless of where I put the reg.

Victor,
    Thanks - the E1 is now definitely on the Christmas list!

David.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123