Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Propellerhead

Propellerhead

Cant believe that Propellerhead - Anthoney Woodward is not here! bring back Lift Girl! Was it Willy Knowles Thrasher? Amazon usually has a old copy ;-)

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

Propellerhead

Brilliant book enjoyed it all ( several times)

Ginge

Propellerhead

Yeah - the best 99p I ever spent on ebay. One of the thrashers cited in the book is sat rotting at Redlands airfield - next to the x runway - I taxi past her each time I fly and think of the adventures it must have ( endured) enjoyed .....

Propellerhead

I took my old copy with me on holiday recently to read again. Fantastic book which I find inspirational every time I read it. I first read it when I started flying around ten years ago and it still makes me smile when I read the adventures of the old 'thrasher'!

Propellerhead

Any photos of the Thrasher at Redlands?

Propellerhead

I'll see if I can take a snap when Im next at the a/f - a guy called Clive Bunce ( ex BMAA council member and proprietor of Dude paramotors in Wiltshite owns her ) - such a shame that she's just been left to the elements...She was a ' gate guard' situated next to he main black hanger when i first went to reds...but was moved ( dragged !) in the last year. I seem to recall you may even spot her on google.

I just recall the last couple of pages in the book when he flies above the clouds with the lift girl - with the setting sun and all its amazing coulours as a back drop....awesome !

Made me realise just how truly amazing our ability to fly machines and see such things is....and thankful that I , also, have been blessed with the means to do so....

Banned Banned500 Club

Propellerhead

Interestingly I've not heard a modern Thruster pilot refer to them as Thrasher - to disrespectful a moniker, I suspect. ;-)

Joan

Propellerhead

Think of it as a pet name!

not real name 500 Club

Propellerhead

Yes, pretty sure the Thruster guru in Somerset was Willy Knowles.

Smashing book.

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

Propellerhead

Russ wrote:
    Yeah - the best 99p I ever spent on ebay. One of the thrashers cited in the book is sat rotting at Redlands airfield - next to the x runway - I taxi past her each time I fly and think of the adventures it must have ( endured) enjoyed .....
    It does seem a terrible waste, a few years back it was completly restored by Mark Jones and looked very nice indeed

Ginge

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast