Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: honda gx200 4 stroke

honda gx200 4 stroke

THE BAILEY GX200 ENGINE PARAMOTOR FLEW YESTERDAY TO GREAT SUCCESS.THE ENGINE ONLY HAD MILD TUNE.A LIGHT WEIGHT 12KG 4 STROKE MOTOR....

not real name 500 Club

honda gx200 4 stroke

How many horses ?

honda gx200 4 stroke

Hi the bailey gx200 is only 12-15hp with a 130 prop with 2.6.1 reduction, paul bailey is 85kg got him airbourne with ease my gx200 is 18hp you can tune them to around 20hp,but theres no need as bailey proves you dont have to.im ready to test fly my 2nd gx2oo next week.bailey also sell bolt on kits for the gx.carb kit-reduction kit-engine mount kit-exhaust/ have a look on eggmotor yahoo site for pics of the kit,,,,,,,

honda gx200 4 stroke

Andy - I'm not sure I get the point as to why Paul Bailey is doing this. He's built a very neat 4V200cc engine with a great reputation developing 22hp based on the GX200 hasn't he? I guess the Honda engine will probably be more reliable because it's a Honda and there's millions of them out there, but once you start tuning it or subjecting it to a duty cycle it wasn't intended for surely you'll negate those advantages?
    Mike

honda gx200 4 stroke

No they last well in high tune.The kart lads have bee racing them for years.bailey has got involved to supply kits not build gx200s as a cheap entry level to get into paramotoring.so cheap to buy, engine 100 and 600-700 for kit bits gives you the cheapest 4 stroke ppg engine around.mainly people who can not afford 4-5k paramotor can build one for a fraction of the cost.The main bailey bits you need are reduction kit.exhaust,engine mount kit you can source everything else cheaply.you can fit a gx160 head 45 to raise compression to 10.5.1 & mill head to get more.45 for flat top piston-60 for billet flywheel-60 billet conrod. lots of folk are building eggmotors.you are not going to get the best paramotor out there but you will fly chealpy & its fun building something you will fly.have a look on eggmotor site use the link to go into eggmototr yahoo forum you can see the bailey kits.excelent kits from bailey. The main ppg dealers wont lose out as people who can afford the latest pramotor will buy them.I would if i could afford one.

not real name 500 Club

honda gx200 4 stroke

Just wondering if 22hp combined with the very light weight, how it will do for a SSDR project - or fit two of them !

honda gx200 4 stroke

You would need 2 gx200s for ssdr.a chap in america fitted 2 standard gx200 on a lazair and flew,i think he is tuneing them up now.one gx200 woulnt be good enought for a trike.i thought about trying one on a ssdr trike, but the climb rate would be poor.There is a gx390 atos trike flying,you can tune the gx390 up to 30hp and get the weight of the engine down to around 25-27kg that would be more suited for ssdr. But you dont have to go mad on hp.as with a 4stroke its torque &thurst that count.the main mods are take the govener out so the rpm goes from 3500-to 6000,fit a different cam rpm 8000 plus.fitting a billet conrod & conrod is a must.the reason you dont want to go above 20hp on a gx200 is the valve train cant cope as its ohv,you can beef the valve train up.The atos trike is nearly standard i would just change the flywheel & conrod.you can get a gx390 that is 18hp i have one, electric start.it will go in a ssdr sometime this year....THE GX200 WITH EXHAUST & REDUCTION IS 15KG

honda gx200 4 stroke

Bill McCarthy asked "if 22hp combined with the very light weight, .... will do for a SSDR project "

The obvious answer is YES. It's what powers the Dragonfly - Well Paul Bailey's version of the GX200 at any rate. There are many SSDR and similar aircraft flying with very much less power. My own SSDR had, until recently, only 14hp.

For a foot launched aircraft I would have thought the weight of a GX200 would be prohibitive; if we are talking about trikes should this conversation not be elsewhere?

BTW for more info on that ATOS trike and others see www.wdrwt.com

honda gx200 4 stroke

HI A GX200 IS NOT POWERING A DRAGON FLY. BAILEY ONLY FITTED A GX200 IN A PARAMOTOR TO PROVE IT WOULD FLY.I DONT KNOW ANYONE USEING A GX200 IN A TRIKE.BAILEYS GX200 IS ONLY 12HP NOT 22HP.MY GX200 IS IN HIGH TUNE, IM 93KG WILL FIND OUT THIS WEEK HOW IT FLYS WITH ME. IM NOT SAYING IT WONT FLY A TRIKE JUST THE CLIMB RATE WILL BE VERY LOW.THE GX200 CAN REV WELL BEYOND 65000RPM.BUT YOU LOSE MAX TORQUE SO THERE IS NO GAIN GETTING IT TO REV BEYOND 6500RPM.SO SAYS PAUL.B..bAILEY DOES HAVE ENGINES THAT ARE 22HP.BUT WE ARE TAKING ABOUT THE HUMBLE HONDA GX200 4 STROKE WHICH STARTS LIFE AS 6.5HP.YOU NEED A 130 PROP TO GET THE BEST FROM IT.I HAVE A 3 BLADE AJUSTABLE IVO PROP ON MINE.ON GROUND TEST ITS FEELS VERY GOOD.HERES A PIC OF MINE...

Attached files

not real name 500 Club

honda gx200 4 stroke

Any update Andy ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast