Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Blade Warpdrive Prop Setting on Blade 582

4 Blade Warpdrive Prop Setting on Blade 582

Can anyone remind me of what setting these are, pitch etc?? :smhair:

Cheers

Chester

Hi Chester

123 deg. at 12 ins from centre, just thinking of knocking mine back .25/.50 deg.have never been happy with the rpm it pulls ,never seen more than 6k even when pulling the bar in...

blade clamps torque to 10 ftlbs,hub bolts 12.5 ftlbs,if your bothered!

cheers john

Cheers John,

I have a crap climb rate and 3 of my blades are at 121 and another at 119 so I am going to have a fiddle and see if I can improve it. My rpm seems fine though. Many thanks

Chester

Hi Chester, What rpm can you manage,on the ground and when youre flying?
    sometimes i need all my 65 hp.....and i think we need 6200/6500 for that.

cheers john

Do remember two things - adjusting from the official setting is verboden as it invalidates the noise certificate, and hence, the Permit to Fly, and, (lecture over) if you have to change pitch to get the recognised correct revs from your engine, there's a problem.

First check is that your rev counter is reading correctly (beg or borrow an optical tacho or use a DVM with frequency reading on the alternator output). If that's okay, and you're really sure the prop is correct and correctly pitched, you need to get down and dirty with the engine I'm afraid. Note that max revs will vary with the weather to a degree.

Dave

Hi Dave

not sure about "correct " rpm.....i can not find specifics for a 582 this side of rotax (and they tell it from the engines point of view,not noise regs). if you own a 912 or 912s they are set to well below max power rpm (in this country anyway, as you state for noise).
    It was the "interesting 2 stroke vid." linked to this site that got me rethinking, especially if we over load a 2 stroke we are over heating it (cht up, egt down) and running in the "lean" cruise part of the fuel curve....
    Dont get me wrong i'm not being at all radical but if 0.25 deg would make my engine happier then....

just re found the link,http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=626943072001,

my business is engines so i can't help myself!

john

John, I am getting 6800rpm but it will be interesting to see what happens when I adjust the prop!

John, Just doing the 'BMAA inspector hat' bit in letting people, who may not appreciate the the possible dangers, know. I'm impressed by your 0.25 degree precision. I find it hard enough to get accuracy to within one degree ;-)
    That's why I like Ivoprops...

Dave

Hi Dave,I thought that would provoke someone that "knew" about setting props!
    It drives me very patiently demented.......but i am aware that while i might be getting all 4 blades almost the same pitch (within a few minutes) ,the actual value is dependent upon how you "bolt" the setting tool to the blade. so could imagine 3 different people getting 3 different values. and hense my thoughts that after double checking the crappy little rpm meter i will try to use the rpm as a guide to most efficient engine prop match.
    I dont imagine i will be straying outside of the 123 deg setting what ever the tollerance is? looked but can only find definitive values related to TADS. oh and the motor is good...first thing i would ask!
    so in your experience.......what rpm do you see out of a good 582.

cheers john

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast