Thread: R104 Rivet type

R104 Rivet type

Hi, probable daft question.
    I'm taking the strut mounting plates off the wing struts to look give some attention to corrosion.
    Do you know what type of rivet I should use to replace? diameter, material, length etc?

Thanks

Phil

R104 Rivet type

I assume you mean the stainless steel jury strut plate in middle of lift struts?

If so let me have your address and I will send you some rivets

Seamus
    www.xairireland.com

R104 Rivet type

Thanks for your offer Seamus, very kind.
    I don't mind buy them but I was just wanting to know if the normal 4mm jobs from motor factors are all that's needed.
    I've PMs you my addy if you don't mind sending some, that'll be very much appreciated if they're special.
    :-)
    Phil

R104 Rivet type

What is your kit number as some of the early ones the builder fitted the brackets as the horizontal strut was a UK mod. Later kits had them as standard. Difference being later factory ones were a polished shiney stainless, originals were a normal brushed finished stainless. (different size rivets as well.)

R104 Rivet type

It's kit No 680 from 2001 and the brackets are shiny stainless with I think 4 or 5 rivets in each

R104 Rivet type

Seamus, that's very kind.
    I've got your rivets today.
    Please let me know how much I owe you.
    Cheers
    Phil

R104 Rivet type

Forgot to say I Put in some 5mm as well just in case you have an odd hole that ends up oversize from the drilling out of old rivets

Junior Member Settling in

R104 Rivet type

Hi, I see this is an old thread but I've got one of the same rivets worked a bit loose and will need replacing - what are the correct rivets I need to get ? Kit was built in 2002.