Thread: Skis

Skis

:yeah: Finally, my skis are made, installed and flown on 1/30/12 at Osceola, WI, USA. They work great! The only problem is - there's hardly enough snow to need them. The tall windshield is also an improvement and the bar mitts need some stiffening so I can slip my hands in easier. It seems my trike is never complete as the "Do To" list goes on and on. Oh, I also made a radiator cover that is controlable from full closed to half open. This worked great to speed the warm up and adjust as necessary as the temps rise during flight. I installed a fuel flow meter that is fiinally working after 9 months of arguing with Lowrance and going through 3 senders to finally get one that works. These are made for boats and I do not recommend them.

Attached files

not real name 100 Club

Skis

Wow!!!

not real name 100 Club

Skis

How does it fly without the spats? Are there any handling issues?

Skis

I have made just one flight since installing the skis and tall windscreen and did not notice any unusual flight
    handling. Of course, the brakes dont work when on snow or ice, but they don't work very well on dry pavement either!

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Skis

Very neat Karey...did you make them yourself,

I wonder could you post a picture of your screen...again is it home made.

Nick.

Skis

Nick: Here's a picture of the windshield I made. I like it. The skiis I made are a bit of a nuisance. I have found that the roll rate and effort to correct a perturbation is adversely affected.
    I am beginning to think that the effort to make, attach, use skis and the potential to get stuck (I just did - one hour to dig out and turn it around so I could go home) just ain't worth it. (OK, I'll admit I'm getting old and whimpy). Anybody want to but skis for a Blade?

Attached files

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Skis

Thats very neat Karey....thanks for posting...similar and a touch bigger to the one I have on my Mainair F2a the forerunner to the Blade....they make a big difference to flight comfort dont they.

Nick.

not real name, Please Contact Admin 100 Club

Skis

Hi Karey there is a similar screen here called A Morris touring screen i have one on my blade makes a massive difference to comfort flying ,and look good ,like the skis it looks like a considerable time was spent making them they look very professional ,Dave