Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSDR Trya with tuned Briggs and stratton

SSDR Trya with tuned Briggs and stratton

Installed yesterday It weights 400-500 grams, or so Made in Lithuania Two of these will be attached to main wheels also

Attached files

Final look

1 hr 7 min. in the air yesterday ... 6,5 ltr. of fuel consumed

Attached files

not real name 100 Club

Dare I ask...does this mean that the raven is no longer needed? Will you still use it or is this now the preferred machine?

Dominic Pecheur wrote: Dare I ask...does this mean that the raven is no longer needed? Will you still use it or is this now the preferred machine?
    Of course you do

Raven flew to his new home ... very good home and joined four other Ravens in hangar. I let her go with sadness ... . I wouldn't say that Trya is preferred more than Raven - they both are beautiful aircraft. I should say that I didn't placed an advert for sale of Raven. One of young pilots asked me to sell it to him after I got Trya. I really didn't want to do so, but he was keen to have her. Well, she made me happy for more that 500 flight hours, so why not let her make happy some one else?

I dreamed for a small light trike all time and was looking closely to Flylight dragons, but Trya was exceptionally good deal, so ...

Once again .. it was sad letting Raven going - she was first British microlight brought by me to Lithuania followed with flood of used Ravens, Flash 2a, Blades and Shadows. I found exceptionally good friend Alex Williams (Perth, Scotland) because of Raven, found couple of good friends in SAC, ... so ... .

My idea now is to introduce light flying in Lithuania ... well, I have to say to "re-introduce" as it was well forgotten. I like Ben's initiative for "flight back to the future"

So, as I wrote before, I was seriously after a Dragon, but it would take me another two, or three years of money saving and I'm not patient at all And there Trya option appeared It flies beautifully, no different from Chaser and I think gliding ratio is even better. So, I'll fly her across and along Lithuania next year and will promote light flying

She has 20 ltr. fuel tank only, but I tested her flying 220 km triangle route and had to add 7 ltr. of fuel only (after first leg ... just in case So, 22 ltr. for 3 hrs 18 min. flight covering 220 km route (leg time: 1st 58 min.(90 km down wind), 2nd 1 h 30 min. (90 km up wind), 3rd 48 min. (cross wind). Three take-offs made during whole route. I think not bad having in mind Rotax 447 ... well + Hellix prop Vario calculated 75 km/h average speed. Flight time includes warming up, taxiing ...

First flight this year 2015

Calm, -2C ... . 1 hr 30 min. in the air. Photos made in 3000 + feet. It was colder than -2C of course

Attached files

Rigging Trya ...

I have finally got around to the engine mount upgrade on my trike incorporating an Ace aviation mount.

A special thank you to both Kev Armstrong and Dan Curtis for the inspiration and technical advice with the structure... and thanks Kev for the CAD work and for kindly donating the mount...

Attached files

Engine performing well so far, link below to first test flight following all the engine additions.

https://youtu.be/qgETLRpS1nU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12