Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Radio controlled flexwing

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Radio controlled flexwing

At last!

The answer to all that panicking about whether mods are safe or not; just build one of these and try them out first. :yeah:

Mark Hadden sent me this:-

Hi Kevin, sorry to contact you but I have just built a rc weightshift microlight from scratch and wanted to post the videos up on the BMAA forum,
    I've tried to join the forum a few months ago but it still says the admin has to approve it but I dont know why his hasn't done this yet.

*Kev adds

My theory is that the Tech Office are blocking Mark's membership; after all, if we all can demo to the CAA an R/C weightshift to try stuff out on, maybe they would be out of a job... :devil:

Cheers

Kev

I fly RC gliders onthe slopes & now I would like to get my hands on this rc microlight...Been wanting to build an rc hang glider for a long time now as well...

Justin

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Amazing...some very talented people out there Kev.

Nick.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Justin Parsons wrote:
    I fly RC gliders onthe slopes & now I would like to get my hands on this rc microlight...Been wanting to build an rc hang glider for a long time now as well...

Justin
    Mark's email is markandjay at hotmail dot co dot uk (put @ for 'at' and . for 'dot')
    Wonder why they won't approve his application to the forum?

Kev

good stuff! Well done Mark.

I like RC flying myself. used to build, but these days there are so many fantastic ready to fly machines that I normally do t bother. I have become a bit of a / EFlite fan - fantastic technology. Latest is auto stabilisation for their ultra micro models. uses a gyro that makes automatic corrections to the control surfaces to damp out turbulence and stabiles designs which otherwise would be a handful.

I have always wanted an RC trike. Would be very interesting to explore aerobatics and see just what is possible and maybe investigate the tumble without it hurting!( well maybe the wallet a little!)

Paul

I think the aircraft and the camera work is brilliant.
    A really nice post

when someone applies to join the forum I send them an e-mail requesting some information, they reply and I unlock their forum account. If they don't reply, I don't unlock the account.

If anyone has applied and not received the e-mail please check your spam folder.

Anyone having difficulty getting on can write to me direct at bob@perrinuk.com or bob@blproduction.co.uk

Best regards

bob the mod

Senior Member 500 Club

If we can demonstrate an RC weightshift to the CAA, they will conclude that they don't need pilots and ground us all for our own safety :lol:

Nah, It's the other way round Tom. A couple of years ago I did some development flying for a radio control model making company in China for their electric paramotors. Having manufactured 3 million electric powered flying models in the previous 8 years they wanted to upscale their electric models so that the modeller could sit inside and a paramotor was an ideal proof of concept machine but they had no one that knew how to fly them. They then went on to steal the show at Oshkosh with the Yuneec EP430.

I have one of these Eflight helicopters :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast