Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadow in Lithuania.

Shadow in Lithuania.

Precision landing competition.

Senior Member 100 Club

Shadow in Lithuania.

Hi, great videos, what is the "pod" on top of the rear of the wing? ballistic parachute?

Trev

Shadow in Lithuania.

Yes it is BRS Junkers 450kg.I have started to fly after reparation and modification and now have about 70 hours.Beautiful plane and I am very satisfied.
    Modification : 1.Aileron road modification(more light force on the stick).2.Brake pedals modification.2.Ceilings fitted under the passengers(to reduce noise).
    3.Plastic plate under propeller.4.After muffler and aluminum plates to the cooler.4.I have make slipper tank(not fitted).5.Unforced flaps road fitting(have been broken).And many another modifications.

Attached files

Senior Member 500 Club

Shadow in Lithuania.

Hi Juozas,
    Looks like you are having fun and have done some sensible mods on the plane. Its nice to see it still used in the competitions as that is what it was built for. I have actually flown it some time ago.
    In case you have missed it this is my lad in a CD doing a precision landing competition in the UK
    All the best
    Mick

Shadow in Lithuania.

Good news! E type gearbox was fitted to Shadow. After test flight feeling like it is another plane:no vibration , at speed of 60 knots engine RPM are 4700.Before changing was 5000 RPM at 60 knots. It is happened because propeller was shifted back about 100 mm. After 1 h flight time I measured fuel consumption and have about 2 liters economy. It is reason to all Shadows to shift the propeller back about 100 mm. :burger:

Attached files

Shadow in Lithuania.

Juozas Mitkus wrote:
    Good news! E type gearbox was fitted to Shadow. After test flight feeling like it is another plane:no vibration , at speed of 60 knots engine RPM are 4700.Before changing was 5000 RPM at 60 knots. It is happened because propeller was shifted back about 100 mm. After 1 h flight time I measured fuel consumption and have about 2 liters economy. It is reason to all Shadows to shift the propeller back about 100 mm. [IMG]/emoticons/burger.gif[/IMG]
    Congrats mate

Shadow in Lithuania.

Hi Jouzas

Really interested in your findings with the E type gearbox, what ratio are you running ? and has it affected your take off distance

Cheers

Jaz

Shadow in Lithuania.

Sorry Juozas

Just realised i spelt your name incorrectly

Jaz

Shadow in Lithuania.

Gear ratio are 2,62. Engine has better performance and no vibration, because E type gearbox has rubber damper. Takeoff distance it is impossible measure correct. Variometer gauge now reading 900 f/min at 6500 engine RPM. Flaps 15 degree and no passenger. With B type gearbox and ratio 2,58 I has vario reading 800f/min at 6500 RPM.
    It is reason to use E type gearbox

not real name 500 Club
    Thornhill (Easter Poldar) Farm Strip West of Stirling, near Kippen in Scotland

Shadow in Lithuania.

Looks good Juozas !

Don't think you need the BRS in a Shadow though ? :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast