Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shadow in Lithuania.

Shadow in Lithuania.

Many Thanks David, your opinion is very important to me. I will not do aerobatics with the Shadow. Sometimes during flying in strong thermals I have to perform easy aerobatics .

Shadow in Lithuania.

To engage in aerobatics at the Shadow.
    It is necessary to change the design to other materials.
    Change the fixing of the wing section to the center wing, and it is well fixed on boom.Aileron control to be more sensitive.
    I'm doing approximately so as in the image.What about this says David as the creator of this wonderful aircraft ?

Cheers

Armen

Attached files

Shadow in Lithuania.

Since no one can advise on the slipper tank modification i make it myself. To bottom of the slipper tank is welded sump , fuel outlet and finger stainer. I think now that the air will not get into the vacuum pump. And I'll be able to turn and deep descent without engine problems.

Attached files

Shadow in Lithuania.

I want to ask a members of the Forum about Shadow CD engine modification. Now is the Rotax 503 engine point ignition single carb. I want to install Rotax 582 engine. Is it need additional bracing engine frame? Can i mount Rotax 582 on Shadow CD?

Shadow in Lithuania.

Rotax 582 engine installed in the Shadow BD. In the air showed excellent speed and economy characteristics. Empty weight 190 kg with instaled slipper tank. Climbing 5m / s. Speed ??of 110 km / h - the engine speed 4000rpm, 120km/h - 4200 rpm , 130 km/h - 4600rpm, 150km/h - 6000rpm. Fuel consumption at 120 km / h about 10L. Airplane real bullet.

Attached files

not real name 500 Club
    Thornhill (Easter Poldar) Farm Strip West of Stirling, near Kippen in Scotland

Shadow in Lithuania.

Nice work Juozas - looks very clean ! :-) I would have expected the extra weight of the 582 over the 503 to maybe give you some trim problems but it sounds like you got the weight and balance just right .....

Shadow in Lithuania.

Hi Juozas,
    Very nice looking shadow. Thanks for the photos.

Can you tell me what size tyres you are using on the main undecarriage, please?

Cheers
    Gerry

Shadow in Lithuania.

On Shadow BD are DELI TYRE 15 x 6.00 x 6. Engine Rotax 582 weighs the same as a Rotax 503, so there are no problems with balance and weight.

Regards
    Juozas

not real name 500 Club
    Thornhill (Easter Poldar) Farm Strip West of Stirling, near Kippen in Scotland

Shadow in Lithuania.

You sure about that Jouzas, from memory the 582 and coolant, oil, radiators, hoses, B gearbox is about 42 kg and the 503 around 32 kg ?

Shadow in Lithuania.

Yes , You are right about 582 and 503 weight .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast