Thread: Registrations for 2013

not real name 500 Club

Registrations for 2013

Hi folks,

As, unlike you guys in your tent, I thought I would just stop looking at the fire, TV and JDC and sort out next year.

Well registrations are now open on www.roundbritainrally.org

I expect the price to be the same as it looks like I will have 100 left from this year.. although I reserve the right to buy a pint for any of the competitors who gets to Barton for tomorrow!!

Only 30 allowed and those who compete this year get first pick.

When the payment gateway opens, later in the year, the take off order will be governed by your speed of registration.

BJ

not real name 100 Club

Registrations for 2013

Done!!

not real name 500 Club

Registrations for 2013

Well done Ian, You are a stalwart chap. Balls like cabbages!! We will allow you to take part next year, but in the non aerobatic category Did you see us go past Ashcroft shortly after you got there ?
    Looking forward to the next one... Note to self, buy a waterproof tent!

not real name 100 Club

Registrations for 2013

Bill, I did indeed see you. How was the flight back east? The winds looked perfect, but the cloudbase was a little low.

not real name 500 Club

Registrations for 2013

The flight back was quick, bumpy at times with constantly varying cloudbase all the way down to Northants and our fuel stop at Sywell was spectacular. Sywell were using the hard runway 21, but it was way outside limits. I think it was 28017G25KT. I asked for a try at 23 as it was a bit more into wind and they said ok, but try to land deep due to water. It was quite clear on final that it wasn't to be, so they said a landing across the grass directly into wind was ok, so I did. The drama was taxying back across the marsh! A Spitfire did the same trick on Saturday and got bogged down. Half of Sywell is coned off and waterlogged, it is a swamp. After that, we fuelled, had brunch and waited for the wind to ease a little before an into wind departure. The last leg to Priory Farm was a breeze (pun intended) :yeah: