Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 912 carb rubbers

912 carb rubbers

Thanks very much Mike, that's very reassuring (and saved me some money!)

My CFI is going to go through the aircraft for me when it is delivered, I have no problem removing and inspecting rubbers with help,
    but am not so sure about carb balancing, might get this done professionally, unless it is worth getting the tools/instruments to so it yourself?

I am buying a EuroFOX and have just discovered these are fitted with a Rotax 'airbox' which apparently makes a difference?

Regards

Chris Parsons

Senior Member 500 Club

912 carb rubbers

Carb. balancing is dead easy once anyone else who has done it will explain. It is mentioned in several guides, the web would help you if you wish.

It does start off with visual setting or at least observing, without fiddling, the carb's levers in shut & fully open positions.

Many folk have the pair of manometers & pipes hidden away for occasional use.
    There are two or three sets at Jackrell's.

But your inspector ought to know as well. If you must acquire a personal set I recommend pressure gauge types rather than electronic shouldn't cost much, try a m/c dealer ?

mike hallam.

912 carb rubbers

Look at the website Rotax-Owner.com. There are good videos on various maintenance and bulletin topics on Rotax engines. There is one on carb balancing and others on oil change etc. etc. To have access to all the full length videos you need to join, membership is around US$30.00 a year. Money well spent I recon. Chris.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345