Thread: What do you fly yours on????

not real name 100 Club

What do you fly yours on????

C of G position that is!

Up to today; I was not aware that the Quik had '2' C of G positions 40 mm apart!

So question is - what do you fly yours on?

Scratching my head 'again'!

Paul

Nor was I. It's not covered in the manual as far as I can see.

Attached files

To he best of my knowledge the quik only has one hang point? I will check in my manual and get back to you,
    just checked no mention of second hang point on 2010 model at least

not real name 100 Club

Thanks William,

There is definately a second hang point on my (shared) Quik - it is covered with a black 'bung' (plastic cap) but as you say very little (if any) info in manual. I dont think anybody has used this position (?) .

My query was prompted after having the wing 'Technora modded' by P&M and it returning to fly 'like a completely different aircraft'!

Paul

Hi Paul,
    I did quite a few hours on the rear hole a few years back on my first Quik and it flew nicely. There is some ambiguity about whether it can be used or not. I seem to remember that Bill did the flight tests on it and at very high speed with light loads it was less stable in yaw than on the front hole (but why fly it fast when on the rear hole!!). It also rigs easier as the control bar clears the front of the pod.

The negative is that the keel tube is sleeved and bushed to stop it cracking - but only at the front hole. Hence useage on the rear hole may lead to cracking of the keel as happened when the front hole was unbushed and had only 2 thicknesses of tube.

If you want to slow it down give me a ring on 01623 883802 - my own Quik had a max HOT of 90mph when I got it and I managed to get it down to about 78mph - and I guess your wing may also be too fast after the tecnora trailing edge has been fitted?

Cheers
    AndyB.

I have a 2014 Quik G-CIHY and it has the two hang points, the one most forward is the fast setting or the normal setting, the rear hole slows the aircraft down by about 15 mph. I have tried my Quik on both and prefer the fast front hole with an average cruise of 75. If you put it on the rear hole you get an average cruise of 60mph which would be ideal for aero tow of flying with your Quantum/Blade mates.