Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: BMAA Membership

BMAA Membership

Laurie said: "Dominic, you might find this site helpful www.ocduk.org/ocd-treatments."

This is unacceptable.

Dave

Diamond geezer 500 Club

BMAA Membership

I see the BMAA as a facilitator. But then having been a member of microlight associations in South America, Asia and mainland Europe, it is easier for me to appreciate just how much the BMAA does for its members and how competent some of the people in key positions are.

Donald
    ex-presidente Asociación de Aviones Ultralivianos del Perú :-)

BMAA Membership

Tony Halsall said...
    Geoff / Paul. I keep reading that SSDR owners are choosing not to become BMAA Members. This may not be the case, in which case the concept of the BMAA over regulation has been over stated on this and other fums. If it is true that SSDR owners are choosing not to become BMAA Members is it not worth asking the question why? I think it was Paul who said earlier that you thought they would feel morally obligated to join the BMAA but this is not happenmg - surely it is worth finding out why? If it means looking at perceptions rather than realities then this is what needs to be done.

I realise that you are both very much leading luminaries in the British microlight scene and people like me are nothing more than occasional fliers who pay subs and fly. By reading the magazine, going to Splash, reading and contributing to forums and talking to other people I have formulated opinions based on what a read, hear and see.

You have both rounded on my post quite forcefully but really if I, and others, have these perceptions - where have they come from?

This thread has been about BMAA Membership and aside from little drifts here and there, people have come up with observations, ideas and suggestions to move things forward.
    Hi Tony.....
    It would be good if we could see some actual figures regarding SSDR pilots who are also BMAA members.
    I would guess it is the majority.
    As a Dragonfly owner I certainly have no plans to cancel my membership.

BMAA Membership

William Russell said...
    Hi Laurie
    I have no intention of stirring it or causing trouble I merely pointed out that as has been my and other posters responses to posts made by yourself that we have been consistently accused of attacks rather than responding to your comments whilst you think your jibes should go un noticed?.
    I notice that you still have to try and stir it up with your less than helpful links (last post) and have the cheek to rib Dominic for name calling I really think that you need to have a think about what you post before doing so. I think HWMBO is rubbing off on you a reality check is called for.

just a snippet of info for those who don't know. i have never met or spoken to Dominic or Laurie except through the forum and therefore have no bias but I know which one I would be more likely to buy a pint in the pub for?
    Are you allowed to drink if you suffer from OCD Dominic
    cheers
    William

Onwards and Upwards keep up the good work Geoff and crew

Totally agree William....

BMAA Membership

I believe that if you are an SSDR pilot then you really ought to belong to (and therefore support) the BMAA. It's not a technical requirement but I see it as a moral obligation, to support the organisation which brought you that freedom and continues to fight for your rights. Much as I might disagree with council and the administration at times you really owe it to the other members.

And Dave I agree with your comment on Laurick's post. It is unacceptable. It should be CDO - WITH THE LETTERS IN THE CORRECT ORDER )

BMAA Membership

I know and have met both of these people so can I just have 1/2 a pint with both of them?
    TV
    William Russell wrote:
    just a snippet of info for those who don't know. i have never met or spoken to Dominic or Laurie except through the forum and therefore have no bias but I know which one I would be more likely to buy a pint in the pub for?
    Are you allowed to drink if you suffer from OCD Dominic
    cheers

William

BMAA Membership

No Problem Terry I will even pay for it :rofl:

Diamond geezer 500 Club

BMAA Membership

Laurie Bassett wrote: Dominic, you might find this site helpful www.ocduk.org/ocd-treatments
    Hi Laurie,

I was under the impression that you had asked for an end to the name calling, so surely you have to practice what you preach?

BMAA Membership

FFS Clive. It's just 60 odd quid a year. You will spend more in electricity powering your PC to type drivel.
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/s...-2013013158149

BMAA Membership

Mr Clive Large has left the building.

Personal attacks are not acceptable.

What about the warnings for first offence etc. Well, they have been bypassed on account that Mr Large is not who he claims to be. If I am wrong Mr Large you have my email address but just in case, bob@perrinuk.com or bob@blcp.com or bob@blproduction.com or, ok, enough. I would be delighted to hear from you.

Regards to all

Bob the Mod

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast