Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus - but where?

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

Laurie Bassett wrote: "We went through..." ???

You didnt join the forum until after all the events, so I assume you mean "They....", and all of your 'experience' is third hand, or through the lens of your own obsession.

But really Dominic, I dont want to be dragged into your proxy vendetta. Move on, as most others have. Look to the future instead of the past.

If you need further clarification of my views on the moderation on this forum, reread my previous message.
    you really should get your facts right Laurie before you even take the presumption of opining on my behalf. Your recent habit of speaking, seemingly without any authority, on behalf of 'the majority of people on here' or 'most people on here' has now developed into making assumptions in my own name.

I have been on this forum for many years. I left in 2007, sickened by the way valued members were being hounded out. I recently signed up again when I returned to the UK. Presumably you have made the schoolboy error of checking my profile that was created 3/10/11. You have added 2+2 and made 5. The profile you are seeing is the only one that has been in existence since the rule came in about posting in one's own name. And we all know why that rule came in don't we Laurie.

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

Nope, I'm not going to be dragged in.

not real name 500 Club
    Thornhill (Easter Poldar) Farm Strip West of Stirling, near Kippen in Scotland

Exodus - but where?

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

Laurie Bassett wrote:
    Nope, I'm not going to be dragged in.
    very wise. when in a hole, stop digging.

Exodus - but where?

Dominic & Laurie.........enough

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

John Otter wrote: Do they post on here at the moment Wayne?

John
    Yep. At the moment we have posters from P&M, TLAC, Ace Aviation, NATS, Skydemon, Fly-on-Track, and those are just the ones that spring to mind. I'm sure there are many others. Now, some of these people may be BMAA members, but not all. Let us not forget also the huge contribution made by those from overseas: people who are unlikely to ever join the BMAA, but provide us all with valuable and entertaining information.

Britain is where microlighting was first pioneered, and many still turn to the UK for the latest innovations. And microlighting information in the UK used to mean this forum. That was diluted somewhat, but this latest move will send those people away, and when the powers that be realise the error, it will be too late. They won't come back. It may already be too late.

David.

Senior Member 100 Club

Exodus - but where?

Just a wee sugestion, when the non members post onto the forum presumably they will now be "guest" contributors, could these posts go into a cache where Bob could, time permitting , view them and weed out any offensive postings before letting them through.

just a thought , may work

Trev

Exodus - but where?

I suggested at the meeting and bought it up again since,that we should allow reciprocal for members of overseas associations. it has also been suggested that those who could provide significant benefit for members and who otherwise would not be expected to be a member, could be given posting access - that would cover the Likes of Irv Lee, and Jonathon Smith, and could include overseas manufacturers although the first clause would probably cover them, and UK manufacturers spokespersons. will be members anyway.

Paul

Exodus - but where?

John Otter said...
    If the CAA decided to make SSDR illegal, which they are quite within their rights to do, who are the SSDR pilots going to go crying to then eh? So think on when knocking the BMAA. In fact, if the CAA started sticking their nose into any area of light aviation who are we going to turn to? Stop knocking the only voice we have and get them to change things instead and if your not a member of the BMAA don't expect the same rights and don't shout the odds if the sh*t hits the fan for you.

John

Hi John....

I don't see many SSDR pilot's "knocking the BMAA".
    Most of us it would appear are paid up members.
    It's a bit short sighted to only look at that element.
    What about syndicate members who have a share in a aircraft?
    IMO they should all be BMAA members.

Exodus - but where?

Pauls suggestion although a small step forward is certainly a case of "one rule for one and another rule for others."

A great many posts from non-members are informative and of great value - DO NOT LOSE THIS INPUT TO THE FORUM!

I guess this has all come about from one or two individuals who like to wind up and take a pop at the BMAA in any way they can. THATS WHY YOU HAVE MODERATORS.

Moderate their posts and if they persist ban them as individuals. All posts should be either productive or informative. If its just to wind up then get rid. as it only brings down the impression of the forum especially to those coming on for the first time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast