Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Exodus - but where?

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

Bob Perrin wrote:
    Dominic & Laurie.........enough
    Now thats good moderation. More of that in the future please Bob.

Exodus - but where?

shut it Laurie :jumpin:

hows that?

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

Exodus - but where?

Hi Paul - out of interest how did this get proposed? Did it come out of general brainstorming or was it proposed by someone? I don't believe that it was supported by Bob, Terry, Big John so can't be any of them. Be useful to know who proposed it so that we understand who we are voting for next time.

Paul Dewhurst said...
    I suggested at the meeting and bought it up again since,that we should allow reciprocal for members of overseas associations. it has also been suggested that those who could provide significant benefit for members and who otherwise would not be expected to be a member, could be given posting access - that would cover the Likes of Irv Lee, and Jonathon Smith, and could include overseas manufacturers although the first clause would probably cover them, and UK manufacturers spokespersons. will be members anyway.

Paul

Exodus - but where?

Not sure if I am allowed to say ( see Kirk post on this) although I am not convinced that the confidentiality agreement we have precludes individuals disclosing how they voted. However the abridged minutes in MF normally record proposers and seconders, so it wont be secret for long..

Paul

Exodus - but where?

We know how Paul Voted and you know my view because of the Big Bollock I dropped in letting the cat out of the bag but just in case, mine was a resounding vote against the proposal.

not real name 500 Club

Exodus - but where?

[quote]Gwyn Carwardine wrote:
    Hi Paul - out of interest how did this get proposed? Did it come out of general brainstorming or was it proposed by someone? I don't believe that it was supported by Bob, Terry, Big John so can't be any of them. Be useful to know who proposed it so that we understand who we are voting for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Dewhurst
    I suggested at the meeting and bought it up again since,that we should allow reciprocal for members of overseas associations. it has also been suggested that those who could provide significant benefit for members and who otherwise would not be expected to be a member, could be given posting access - that would cover the Likes of Irv Lee, and Jonathon Smith, and could include overseas manufacturers although the first clause would probably cover them, and UK manufacturers spokespersons. will be members anyway.

Paul
    Hi Gwynn, I think its usual with these things (someone correct me if I'm wrong) to have someone present an idea to council. After discussing it, the chair will ask for a proposer (not normally the person who has presented the idea), and then a seconder. It will then go to a vote.

So, the order of lining up people before the firing squad would be:

First - the presenter

Second - the proposer

Third - the seconder

Fourth, fifth, sixth etc etc - anyone that voted yes

Next - anyone that abstained (ie. didnt vote against it)

after that - anyone that didnt turn up for the voting

Looks like we'd be left with a council comprising Terry, Bob and an unknown after all the bodies were dragged away :-)

Exodus - but where?

Thanks Laurick
    Understand from the other forum:
    Proposer: Rob Grimwood
    Seconder: Kirk Sutton
    Don't know who voted but believe Bob, Terry and BJ either weren't present or voted against.
    Paul Dewhurst: Abstained (by admission)
    David Bremner: For (believe he had the casting vote)
    I think Chris Draper is out of things at the moment.
    Don't know about Rick or Paul Welsh - and don't know how many were present but we can probably assume that at least one of the must have supported it if not both

not real name 500 Club
    Glen Innes NSW - previously The Banana Stip - aka Stoke International in Kent

Exodus - but where?

Laurie,

Thank you, that was the first post from you that made me laugh out loud :rofl:

And FYI if you add in the second vote on readmission of Rick to the pot I suspect you will have no council left at all

not real name 500 Club
    Glen Innes NSW - previously The Banana Stip - aka Stoke International in Kent

Exodus - but where?

Gwyn,

Really are people that interested in exactly who said what to whom?

From my previous post on facts your table is a bit off ... I have amended it in this post to align with the facts as I can state adding in what other council members have already personnally posted

Gwyn Carwardine wrote:
    Thanks Laurick
    Understand from the other forum:

Initial Proposal + paper - not Kirk Sutton

Proposer: Rob Grimwood
    Seconder: Kirk Sutton not Kirk Sutton
    Don't know who voted but believe Bob (against) and BJ either weren't present or voted against.
    Paul Dewhurst: Abstained (by admission)(correct)
    David Bremner: For (believe he had the casting vote)
    I think Chris Draper is out of things at the moment. (not at meeting)
    Don't know about Rick or Paul Welsh - and don't know how many were present but we can probably assume that at least one of the must have supported it if not both

Plus of course I voted for it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast