Thread: The THRUSTER Design at 31 Years...

not real name 500 Club
    Glen Innes NSW - previously The Banana Stip - aka Stoke International in Kent

The THRUSTER Design at 31 Years...

No disrespect to Dave Cook and the Shadow but I have to play the Australian card ...

Steve Cohen was the designer of the the Thruster line through to the T300/500. The Thruster has three direct ancestors he designed and built the Condor, Avenger and Stolero. From them came another type which was named by Steve as the Thruster.

This made its first flight from the sands a beach South of Sydney in the early days of November 1982. It had no pod and resembled more the Stolero it had directly come from. This machine went from concept to flying in just six weeks ... 31 years ago!

From this original Thruster came the original factory T83, T84, T85, TST, Gemini, T300 and T500 and from them came the UK T600 (without Steve).

I remember seeing the T83s in 1983 at Orange (wanted one desperately) and flew serial number 2 Gemini in the Adelaide hills in Jan 1986 (my first ever legal flight...) then owned T83, T85 and T500 - Tailwheels forever!!!

Thanks Steve.

Banned Banned500 Club

Dead right...

http://www.nor-raaus.com.au/magazine....html#overview

Sadly this history is slightly out of date ([1]2003[/1]) [2]because the author, Tony Hayes, died a couple of years ago.[/2]

Joan

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

Without doubt the golden age of microlights, the brilliant Shadow and the delightful Thruster and the XLs, Flash 2s, Chevvrons what a time to be a microlighter

Ginge

Banned Banned500 Club

The history page in my earlier link is no more. I found it again via The Wayback Machine, here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20060819...x_21_Years.htm

Joan