Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Raven - Some thoughts please

My New Raven - Some thoughts please

In the interest of pedantry - isoflex is the roll augmentation system at the tips - not the finger trapping A frame joint

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/microlights/message/1109 from the designer RVW himself!

Paul

Sorry Paul. You're quite right.
    Memory not what it was...
    I did shout something very similar when I trapped my finger in the offending joint though... ;-)

Dave

not real name, Please Contact Admin Settling in

I experienced the curse of the A-frame joint a few weeks ago whilst rigging my EclipseR - wow did that hurt!
    I need to make up some sort of jig/holder to hold it in place for the rare occasion that my machine is de-rigged.

After flying 40hrs in my EclipseR since the full rebuild I must comment on how amazing the Raven wing is! I'm completely spoiled now for the future as I hadn't flown anything like it - it flies like its on rails, turns on a dye and is just so controllable.
    It's razor sharp handling relegates my old Quantum to a machine that flies like a couch compared to it.

The machine though isn't without its faults and the trike isn't as pretty or as well designed as the Quantum/Quik unit but the wing out-weighs all of it's downsides.

If anyone gets the chance to fly a Raven wing - take it!!!

Steve.

I was first who introduced Raven to Lithuanian pilots in 2009. A lot of used Ravens were moved to Lithuania since then . Yes, you are right - these machines are not suited for static display at a show in now-days, but they win against all others in the air

Pilots who've taken my advice to try a Raven have always been completely persuaded. I only wish Kirk would crack on with his mini Raven project so I can consider swapping my Chaser wing for one...
    Dave

not real name 500 Club
    Glen Innes NSW - previously The Banana Stip - aka Stoke International in Kent

Dave Smith wrote: Pilots who've taken my advice to try a Raven have always been completely persuaded. I only wish Kirk would crack on with his mini Raven project so I can consider swapping my Chaser wing for one...
    Dave
    All the bits are currently heading into the shipping container for the move to OZ ... I have cut down the sail and much of the tube work but the move back to oz won on time.

But talk to Chris D ... SSDR from the Medway factory and not on the old Raven wing ???? :smilewinkgrin:

You're returning to Oz Kirk? I'm really sorry to hear that. When do you go?
    Hopefully you'll continue with the project back home, and let me know how you get on.
    (I've a complete Raven wing and a spare (damaged) sail to work on - can't afford new (even SSDR) money.)
    Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12