Thread: Air Creation Buggy, 582, 3 Blade Eco Prop Arplast

Air Creation Buggy, 582, 3 Blade Eco Prop Arplast

Guys, I am only acheiving 6150 RPM on Max Power, this is with the blades set as specified on the Arplast paperwork and utilising their Prop Tool, is this Correct???? I would have expected a higher RPM rate as the Rotax 582 is (I Believe) supposed to be set for 6500.

6200 is near perfect max power at climb speed setting. Any more RPM and they will redline at high speed with wide open throttle, and be buzzy in the cruise. its the setting we recommend and I believe that required for your noise cert.

Of course want rPM it is really doing is not necessarily what the RPM guage is saying. its quite common for them to be out by Worth checking it out with a couple of hundred RPM or so. Good idea to check it out with an opti tach that you pojnt at the prop and then divide by number of blades and gearbox ratio.

Paul

Cheers for that Paul, I can see in the initial build tests/ docs, that 6200 was its Max RPM then but looking at all the other 582 (Non AC's) they all appear to be touting 6500, hence my worry/Question :-)