Thread: Forum Switchover

Forum Switchover

Dear All

Tomorrow looks like being the big day for the forum changes.

A full backup will be taken tomorrow morning which will be available as read only going forward, not sure of address yet. The forum files will then be sorted and pruned and the new version will be up and running. I'm not sure how long the forum will be down for so please bear with us during the changeover.

If you have any questions, one of the mod team will be happy to try and answer them.

Best regards to all

Forum Switchover

Did anything happen? Not noticed anything looking different

Forum Switchover

Sadly nothing happened. There must still be a technical problem.

I'll let you all know as soon as I do.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Forum Switchover

Bob the Mod wrote: I'll let you all know as soon as I do.
    Well, thanks Bob. :smile:

Forum Switchover

Hi All

the plan now is to close the forum tonight at about 11.30pm. A back up will be taken and the forum will then be moved over to VBulletin.

So by Saturday morning we should be up and running with the forum on VBulletin. There will be issues and all I can ask is that you bear with us while any changes have to be made. You may for example have to re register your login and password but until it happens we are not sure what will need doing.

If you still see the old forum in the morning you can assume that something has not gone according to plan.

Fingers crossed :-)

Forum Switchover

Although the new forum software reported a successful import of the data from this forum on Saturday morning, data integrity checks over the weekend revealed a substantial number of errors, including corrupted images & PDFs and missing passwords, user names and posting dates. Hence, the re-opening of this forum.

Apologies for the time-out.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Forum Switchover

Please excuse my ignorance...but why change it if it aint broke...seems to work OK as it is.

Forum Switchover

Do I understand correctly that all users will need to re-register, and that only BMAA members will be allowed to register?

As an Australian owner of a Shadow, I would find this incredibly limiting. This forum is about the ONLY source I have for posting questions about my aircraft, and to have this channel blocked would be terrible.
    I would implore any forum admins to reconsider this decision, if this action has been decided upon.

Forum Switchover

Gerry it is not the forum that will require re registration just the website.

not real name 500 Club

Forum Switchover

Bob, can we have an update please?