Thread: Mainair Blade

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

Are these worth doing up and spending money on ?
    Are Pilots interested in fly / buying them /
    Are students steered away from them in favour of the QTM / Other !??

I would like to know.

Regards
    Mark

Mainair Blade

Mark,

I had a Blade 912 for my first Flex and it got me through my first year flying brilliantly.

In my opinion, I'd rather have a Blade 912 than a Quantum 582 and yet they can be similar prices. (Quantum 582 maybe 6k, Blade912 7-8k)

I would say 912 Blade = Yes, 582 Blade, probably sub 5k in value, hence how much should you spend on it to make it worthwhile?

Obviously depends on the condition of the blade, Mine was tatty and cheap, but flew well and was reliable. Matt Howe had a beautiful 582 blade that he used for Fly UK last year and I flew with him in My GT450 all around Scotland and down to Gloucester.

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

Thanks for the reply.

Reason I ask is a Have a Tidy one with a 582 all sorted and done with permit pass and new W+B.

I have already Bought and invested in it thinking that at the price I was looking to sell it for it would give someone a nice little aircraft.

I have had to reduce it from from 5000 and advertised for 3559 and I still cant shift it. !!

Regards
    Mark

Mainair Blade

The wing is a lot more durable than a Q2 - no Betts worries. The 582 isn't such a beast as the 912 either. It'll sell. Don't panic.
    Dave

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

It sold today pending payment for the amazing sum of 3560 after reducing it from 5500, then 5000, then 4000 and incuring over 160 E-Bay, AFORS and inspection Fees, add that to the work done !

Regards
    Mark

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

NOPE ...... another non E-Bay payer.

Jeezz ..... I will be paying someone to take it off me at this rate.

Anyone want some spares for a Blade. ???

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

What a crock, it does pee me off when cretins bid with no intention of completing. Fortunately it's never happened to me and I've sold many things on eBay over the years. Stick with it Mark, a good owner is out there who hasn't yet picked this up yet.

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

Yup you are right.

It will be sold one day I guess. Just gota keep plugging away and smile.

Are you still flying the Mistral Graham? If so. Pop down to wing for a chat.

Rergards
    Mark

not real name 500 Club

Mainair Blade

I would be but I've had some problems getting hold of some bushes I needed, no worries now they arrived today. So will fit them this weekend and woohoo back in the air, is there a fly-in at wing this year? I haven't made it to one yet in the Mistral due to weather so I've had to drive in.

I could do with a bit of advice about redoing the brakes, I'll pop down as soon as I'm able, kettle on yet?