Thread:

not real name 100 Club
    Folks my love affair with all things vintage has now led me to a puma sprint. Before I dive in can anyone give any pointers on handling/ cruise speed with the Fuji 440 when flown single seat. Will this need smooth evenings much the same as the sx130 or is it a more capable wing? Any previous experience great fully received.

No it's much more robust. Light in pitch. Don't attempt radical maneuvers like whipstalls or rapid rolls from one direction to the other - particularly when flying solo. (True for any flexwing, but the lightness of control can let you overdo it...)
    Dave

not real name 100 Club
    Thanks Dave

A Puma sprint, with a 447, was my first aircraft. I must say i dont remember it to be light in pitch, and generally i rmemeber it as a very stable though slow a/c, though benefiting from ballast 1-up. -I flew it in conditions i think i'd hesitate taking my present TST up in. Maybe im just older and scared-ier. As for stability, Ihad a Flash 2 for a short while a few years ago, and it scared the crap out of me. Maybe the new ssdr rules will bring som of these great old machines back into action.

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club
    David Newton said..Much Clipped.
    . Maybe the new ssdr rules will bring som of these great old machines back into action.
    [/quote]
    Many of us are hoping that David, putting the light back in microlight :smilewinkgrin:

Here here Ginge.