Thread: kiev prop

kiev prop

I am looking to change the current ecoprop for a 263 kiev does anyone have details of the moment dimension for the prop for the mod application. Thanks in advance

kiev prop

Its already approved and in the TADS http://www.bmaa.org/files/bm68_6_ikarus_c42.pdf - for the factory built version - so should be a smiple swap, set up and inspector sign off and bobs your uncle - no special mod needed.

If its a kit byuilt LAA one then I beleive LAA have already approved it too - Red Air will know.

Paul

kiev prop

Thanks Paul
    It is an LAA kit built, and there is one other aircraft with the mod (I have a copy of the paperwork , thanks Tim) but I have to fill in the mod app which requires the moment change for W&B which wasnt on the other application.
    Once I have the noise cert from the CAA Ill give Malcoum a call. Seems a pain when they come out of the factory with one bolted on.
    Now if only the 2 association Tech departments would accept each other work? then I could better justify why I pay 2 lots of membership!

kiev prop

Ahh - I see, you need to know the arm from datum to prop to calculate the new CG . I thought you meant the moment of inertia of the prop itself ( a standard mod application question for a new prop type) - apologies!

Paul