Thread: CAP 482

CAP 482

CAP 482, issue 4;

S 25 c is still there, restricting the size of the fuel tank on a single seater.

Laurie (2)

Banned Banned500 Club

CAP 482

[quote=Laurie (2)]
    CAP 482, issue 4;

S 25 c is still there, restricting the size of the fuel tank on a single seater.

Laurie (2)
    That's an interesting interpretation. How would you like it worded?
    Joan

CAP 482

I reckon Laurie must be dieting and down to around 55Kg, hoping he could trade for a really huge tank. Question is why he might want such a huge capacity? Come on Laurie spill the Beans - Atlantic attempt?

Paul

CAP 482

Not really SSDR.

My Scorcher (and - as far as I know the other 4 flying in the UK) has two 22lt tanks, but only one is legal.

The point is that If you weigh 96 Kg you can carry 10 Kg less fuel but if you weigh 76 Kg you cannot carry 10 Kg more fuel. Trading pilot weight for fuel is OK for two seaters but not single seaters.

There was talk at Deddington towers of this point being dropped for issue 4 but evidently not. Oh well, never mind.

I have realised - in the course of a different discusion - that I can trade pilot weight for luggage, so I can carry the tank (and fuel) as long as it's not plumbed in. Strange but true.

Laurie (2)

(racing weight 74 Kg)