Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pegasus xl deregulated

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

I have just completed the conversion of my pegasus xl to single seat.
    Iv swopped the king and queen seat for an old Mainair single place item. Iv adjusted the frame for better ergonomics and removed all rear seat belts and foot rests/ steering attachments.

not real name 500 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

I'll bet that saved some weight as well.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Dom,

You didn't need to do all that. All I did with mine was removed the rear seat belt, and put a sticker on the monopole that says 'No passengers to ride on this vehicle'. I got the sticker off Ebay for 2 for 2, and I've got one on the XL and one on the Q. Leaving the rear steering on helps for ground manoeuvring, so I've left that in place, and I had no problem with converting to SSDR as such. If I can find it I can send you the letter I sent to the CAA asking for my planes to be deregulated, complete with the changes I intended to make. They were happy with the small list of changes, and converted both planes on the same day.

Best regards,

Bob Hood

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Ah yes I remember you doing the conversion Bob. But as a tinkerer the ability to fit a different type of seat was to good to resist!

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Update.....
    First take off and it becomes apparent that the seat is still too recumbent and I'm having trouble with "short leg syndrome" for reaching the foot trouble. More fettling over the last three evenings and I now have a seating position that feels much better. Iv got an added bonus of loads of luggage space behind the seat and iv added side panniers as well.

Attached files

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Why does time go so quick when you are busy? Tidying the wiring and reattaching the skirt etc then our local painter says "how dya fancy a killer paint scheme?" So with a price agreed the spats are off being resprayed. Thankfully this is at the airfield so I can keep an eye on progress. Test flight of new seat position postponed due to her indoors not being impressed by my lack of housework! More pics to follow with hopefully a first flight report.

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Weights for the Nomad:
    155 (taken from tads) zfw maybe a couple of kg lighter after the mods but not loads.
    33 full fuel
    73 me
    = 261 this leaves 39kg for luggage.
    Certainly plenty of room in the panniers and behind the seat for this kind of load.

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Went for my test flight with the mk2 trike. Seating position is spot on. Plenty of back support and all controls in comfortable reach. No adverse affects in the flare after changing the geometry of the trike and ground handling is good.
    45mph at 4500 rpm that'l do for now.
    A successful modification.

Attached files

not real name 100 Club

Pegasus xl deregulated

Grrr windy and raining mutter mutter need to tinker in the shed mumble rear suspension tinker tinker scribble cantilever design mutter rummage in the tubing pile....

Pegasus xl deregulated

I wonder if it would benefit from a shorter monopole (prop clearances excepted) to bring the control bar to a more convenient position?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast