Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing radio noise

Removing radio noise

Thanks dave

Removing radio noise

Remember and don't transmit whilst aerial is unplugged as you may damage the radio if you do

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Removing radio noise

When I first set-up my radio in my trike...I wired it the same as you from a small 1.2ah batt.

That was the intercom and radio from the same battery...I was getting some odd noises on rx and tx...I tried running the 2 items from separate batts and my noise went....but saying that it wasn't an ignition/engine type noise.

I presume you have the squelch fully in the quite position???

Nick.

Removing radio noise

Thanks nick. Actually I don't have the squelch fully quiet so maybe that's it. I'll try it like that and see if it helps. It is defiantly engine type interference.

Love your videos by the way....

Steve

Removing radio noise

I found my radio was reasonably quiet until I switched on my GPS - It's actually an old iphone 4 but it has no sim card and all the stuff like wifi, bluetooth etc are switched off. Even so as soon as I switch on the iphone I have to turn up the squelch on the radio by a significant amount.
    Steve - if you are using a GPS have you tried switching it off?
    Mike

Removing radio noise

Thanks Mike. At the moment I haven't used a gps, although I do have one, a pilot III. I'm going to try the tips above to see if that will help.

By the way, I love your youtube dragonfly videos. You must post some more. If I didn't fly an ace magic cyclone, I'd definitely have a dragonfly for sure, they look like a bundle of fun and the engine just purrs on them. Very nice.

Removing radio noise

Thanks Steve - pity I didn't have the camera on today as it was a bit of a handful in a 90 degree crosswind and tons of turbulence coming over the village. I was glad to get it down in a straight line and tucked it away pretty promptly.
    Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12