Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical

Medical

Yes full training, it's heart flutters with nothing diagnosed by GP. Blood tests came back normal, just worrying myself silly I won't be allowed to fly!
    Never happened when I've flown before!

Medical

As I'm over 65, I have to have an annual declaration too, however as I'm also a working FISO, I have to have an 'HGV-2' medical annually with my GP which sets me back 132 and I get her to sign the declaration on my PPL at the same time.

Medical

That's the same price as my Class 2 aero-med, including an ECG.
    Dave

not real name 500 Club

Medical

Unfortunately once 65 all things change for the more expensive regarding medicals or self declaration signature.

Medical

That kept me nervously waiting! Paperwork provided to Surgery on the 45 day limit, three weeks later replacement requested. Signed document finally provided on the day of expiry of my old form! OK, I understand the pressures on the NHS and GPs in particular but it would have been a little less stressful if it had been a little earlier. The cost this time 60.

Medical

easy way is to book an appointment for a cough or cold or slight injury, stiff back os something, talk casualy about your flying and weather or something then whist you are there ask him to sing the form, offer a fiver for his/her favourite charity and thats it, job done.

TV

Medical

Wasn't there some talk about this all being dropped, and it being purely down to the pilot to determine their fitness to fly - which is what we all do every time we fly anyway?

Senior Member 500 Club

Medical

Yes, Paul,

Other forums e.g. Jodel, are full of it but not 'official' from our CAA quite yet.

mike hallam

Senior Member 500 Club

Medical

As far as I know still planned for April. Should know more in a couple of weeks.

Senior Member 100 Club

Medical

I've had my medical signed twice now. First time was straightforward. Left papers with my doctor and collected them a couple of days later. Second time, different doctor insisted that I had a full examination despite the paperwork saying it wasn't necessary. Examination completed, form signed and no charge either time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast