Thread: handbrake

handbrake

[img]
    Hi, does anyone know if there is a mod go install handbrakes on a standard x-air?

Diamond geezer 500 Club

handbrake

If you mean a parking brake then yes there is. The HADS says this at Annex B (optional mods) "Parking brake, supplied by Wessex Light Aeroplane Company. Inspectors must confirm that this will
    hold the aircraft still on grass with 5,000 RPM set (Rotax engines), or equivalent power for non-Rotax
    engines"

The HADS is here http://www.bmaa.org/files/hm01_xair.pdf?PHPSESSID=06b350c50ec2ce75f076968932 88ccbd

If you mean a mod to allow the brakes to be applied by hand instead of the toe operated brakes, then, no I don't think so.

handbrake

Thanks Martin.
    yes I meant a parking brake.
    I'll contact Wessex.
    Philip

not real name, Please Contact Admin 100 Club

handbrake

Hmmm. Good luck with that, Philip. I tried that some years ago with absolutely no success. PM me with your e-mail address for a copy of the e-mail exchange.

handbrake

Black Max Hydraulic brakes can be either hand or foot operated, hand operated you could apply brake by the use of an elastic band/strap.
    the kit also comes with a non return valve/switch which could be used as a hand brake if you know what I mean LOL

handbrake

[img]
    on most flex wings they have a hand lever which "locks" the foot brake in an braking position on said differently;
    When you operate the footbrake, you can lock them in the own position .
    The "black max brakes" don't even give a price but are an interesting concept...
    Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.
    Philip

handbrake

I bought the complete kit from the states worked out just over 400 if memory serves, came complete with axle stubs discs callipers wheels and tyres. Either hand operated or foot operated and all hydraulic pipes.

handbrake

[img] can you email me pictures or a brochure pls.
    my email address is superguard52@gmail.com
    thanks Philip :lol: