Thread: MF - Secondhand Secrets - a big thanks to Ginge Sunley

Diamond geezer 500 Club

MF - Secondhand Secrets - a big thanks to Ginge Sunley

Just to say a big thank you to Ginge for the brilliant article on the Thruster in this month's MF.

It's the best template I've seen for this sort of article - and it means that we have a balance between new and older microlights in the magazine.

Secondhand Secrets is very much a grass roots thing - so if you have experience on an older type, please consider writing a similar article.

Senior Member 100 Club

I'll second that. I'm training on a T600N and will likely be looking for an older tailwheel Thruster once I have qualified.
    Very useful and well written article - Thanks Ginge!

Diamond geezer 500 Club

I'd like to add my thanks to Ginge as well.

Excellent article. You can almost hear Ginge trying to keep his enthusiasm for the Thruster in check - and occasionally failing a little bit. Well done Ginge.

This really is a good series of articles. I'm sure it will encourage more folk to go down the "proper microlighting" route. It would be great to keep a sizeable fleet of these machines flying.

Incidentally, according to G-INFO there are still more than fifty TSTs on the register - yet one hardly ever sees one. I guess they don't get out much, which is a shame.

not real name 500 Club

Great stuff Ginge; a good read for the 'few' and letting the 'many' know what they're missing.

Senior Member 100 Club

I agree, it was a fantastic article. I trained in a Thruster T600N so will always have a fond memory of those flights. My licence is due for revalidation this summer and I am thinking of giving an hour of tail wheel T300 a go. Hopefully Kernan Aviation are still able to do this. Thanks Ginge for the article. It is overall a great Magazine this month. Loved also the story of the First Solo. Thankfully I still have a few more articles to read.

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

Thanks guys, I believe that we have Steve to thank for the idea of these articles. I'd like to thank Brian and Joan for proof reading and suggestions and Brian, Mark and Geoff for photos, I seldom think to take any. I'd like to have known more about he T300 though, I've seen them around but never got to grips with them, maybe Damien will be able to gen me up in the future.

I understand that we have an article on the venerable Phantom (another of my favourite aircraft) to look forward to. Then maybe we'll learn more about the early trikes along with maybe the Goldwing, Pathfinder and perhaps the Tiger Cub so that I can learn a bit before I fly mine when it's finaly finished.