Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

hi guys,

I was wondering if it is allowed to operate Rev single seat trike under SSDR rules in the UK?

http://www.evolutiontrikes.com/rev.htm

Can't find what is MTOW for REV though. Should be 300 kg according to SSDR rules, right?

Thx

not real name 100 Club

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Cant see why not MTOW permitting BUT at that price why would you want to???

Far better to get a Magic Laser /Cyclone etc from Ace Aviation.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Assuming it meets the other definitions of SSDR, then technically the MTOW declared by Revo is immaterial... YOU declare that it will meet the definition of an SSDR Microlight... i.e MTOW meets the 300Kg limit............ unless of course they have declared it to be a low MTOW.. say 200Kg and you declare it as 300Kg... then you lend yourself open to questions.

However, as it is already a "known design", although not directly relevant, take a look at;

http://forums.bmaa.org/default.aspx?f=15&m=149666&p=2

Don't forget to add shipping costs... between 1500 and 4K PLUS the contribution to George Osbourne's Champagne and Caviar fund....
    Although you could import it, for your own use, under HM Customs "End User Relief" scheme obviating import duty, you will still have to pay VAT on the purchase price PLUS shipping charges.
    In addition to charges made by the company used for Customs clearance. (sometimes the shipping company).

As Paul says.. better choices?

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Paul Wilkinson wrote: Cant see why not MTOW permitting BUT at that price why would you want to???

Far better to get a Magic Laser /Cyclone etc from Ace Aviation.
    Or buy British and get a Dragon!

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Buying UK built trikes is the most ideal, due to exchange rate. Plus local service support.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

If you head up to Northampton you can talk to the Dragon designer, and maybe even fly an example.

There is a history of them flying in the UK.

For your $19,990 you'd be able to spend 15,363 given the current exchange rate.

For that you'd probably* get a factory built FoxCub with a Polini 250, and maybe even change.

Or you can trundle down to the docks, do the paperwork and pay and duty, then take your crates home and build the trike & wing.... didn't see shipping in the list of charges either..

*Talk to the organ grinder, I'm not even a monkey in that respect. ;-)

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Well, I imported a Phantom kit (just completed) and your figures are wildly incorrect Wally.

I used STS Imports based in Essex , they have an operation in Florida. (Tel. 01245 363800)

The owner Ron Fenton, imports mainly classic cars on a regular basis (every few months) and will find room for you to share in his container - he charged me 350 which is considerably less than your lowest figure.

Also, you do NOT pay import duty on aircraft or aircraft parts.

You do pay VAT of course, but Ron dealt with that and all the other paperwork AND delivered it to Essex for me to pick up (not the docks)

I believe the company details are also in the latest Microlight mag in the excellent article written by Barrie Towers on the Phantom

KW.

quote="Wally Hayward"]Assuming it meets the other definitions of SSDR, then technically the MTOW declared by Revo is immaterial... YOU declare that it will meet the definition of an SSDR Microlight... i.e MTOW meets the 300Kg limit............ unless of course they have declared it to be a low MTOW.. say 200Kg and you declare it as 300Kg... then you lend yourself open to questions.

However, as it is already a "known design", although not directly relevant, take a look at;

http://forums.bmaa.org/default.aspx?f=15&m=149666&p=2

Don't forget to add shipping costs... between 1500 and 4K PLUS the contribution to George Osbourne's Champagne and Caviar fund....
    Although you could import it, for your own use, under HM Customs "End User Relief" scheme obviating import duty, you will still have to pay VAT on the purchase price PLUS shipping charges.
    In addition to charges made by the company used for Customs clearance. (sometimes the shipping company).

As Paul says.. better choices?[/quote]

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Kevin.. you got a great deal....I suspect because you managed to take up "empty space" in a container with a regular shipper.. which also obviates a further cost I did not highlight.... "crating costs"........ usually added to the purchase pruce
    The figures I quoted for shipping were actually the best of those I obtained in 2007 and varies according, primarily to crate size and just where in the states it comes from... the lower figure being a small biplane from Detroit and the higher figure for a "Soaring Gull from California.. but that had a single 28 feet main spar.. thus a Loooooong crate!
    Just beware that one does need to ensure that the Customs Clearance Agent/Shipping Agent..... knows it is a CIVIL aircraft for your personal use..... same applies to engines/spares....................... as I found out to my cost a few years ago with an engine from Canada ....... because HM Customs in Aberdeen "did not know" their own rules!.

Unfortunately, If things do go bad.. you have to pay HM Customs the import duty and then claim ti back via protracted "negotiations" with HM Customs in Ireland..

Just beware...... the quoted published price may well incur many more s

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

What with brexit, better support British ;-)

not real name 100 Club

Rev as SSDR in the UK?

Response to Paul Dewhurst.

Agreed Dragon Chaser must be a contender!

PM'd you for further comment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast