Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SSDR Rally - what's coming?

Senior Member 500 Club

SSDR Rally - what's coming?

Hi
    I don't know what plane I will be bringing along but can bring along a few bits and pieces.

I will be helping out on the Skydrive stand and Nigel is bringing along the P&M single seater Quik Lite which has now got a 912 Rotax on which should give performance, comfort and speed the two seater's are more accustomed to together with the Hurth range of engines and not forgetting a stock of Rotax twostroke spares and engines with the 447 being a good SSDR engine.

He will also have on offer some early new or low hours machines with alternate engine choices which are worth looking at.

I will have a new 740CC Kohler engine if anyone is interesting and if anyone wants to come along and take on the rebuild of the Lazair I may be persuaded to pass on the two nearly complete planes and trailers as other projects get in the way of making a start on them.
    One of the nicest early planes you will ever come across.

If you are interested in any bits from Skydrive you need to call Nigel so he can bring it along if he can.

If anyone has an item they want to sell we have a spare table in the tent on the Skydrive stand which can be used to bring the parts together. Just make sure the description and your contact details are attached and at your risk.

Senior Member 100 Club

I like that idea Dominic. Paul Robertson and Paul D had a very interesting hybrid at last year's rally. I wonder how that is progressing. Maybe we will find out at the weekend.

I have several bits and pieces for sale including a Warpdrive 2 blade prop.

Senior Member 500 Club

Hi

Looks like it will be a exciting weekend so looking forward to meeting up with you all there

Don't forget there will be a table you can display that little used item you don't need and get some cash.

Also I will be bringing a flip board with plenty of paper for communal use to explain that very obscure design which will change the world.

Safe SSDR flying

Senior Member 100 Club

Well done Mick.

Senior Member 500 Club

With the cold rain time fast approaching and the warm perfect fly days behind us though you never know with the british weather

I was wondering if members had any thoughts on what they would like to see at next years event.

Perfect as is or wish list welcome to start the suggestions to let the rally progress to the best it can be.

Senior Member 100 Club

I missed having some of the talks/presentations by some of the manufacturers this year. Maybe 2015 there were too many as it seemed a bit hectic but a few would've been good.

do we have a date for next years event?

i thought this year was pretty good, lots going on and plenty of flying time. talks are good, always nice to learn something.

what about aircraft inspection, offer to inspect each others planes in detail, looking for the right number of threads on bolts, cables rubbing, worn parts etc, fine tooth comb stuff, to get people talking and really looking at things.

colin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12