Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Precision Propeller

Precision Propeller

Hi Graham, The splits I've seen are merely longitudinally along the thin part of the 'bridge'. This is the obvious weak spot that will fail due to shrinkage of the plastic. It's backed up, quite literally, by the hub cheeks. What I would accept is that the plastic may well be deteriorating in other ways, so your cautious approach is probably correct.
    Dave

not real name 500 Club
    Thornhill (Easter Poldar) Farm Strip West of Stirling, near Kippen in Scotland

Precision Propeller

You just reminded me that my prop check is a month overdue Dave ;-)

Precision Propeller

Purely FYI. My quest still continues, I've been tracking the history of the precision props. Prior to 2004 it seems it was owned by "imflyn". Interestingly they introduced an Ali clamp system. http://wayback.archive.org/web/20020829012315/http://imflyn.com/images/3BladeHub-1.jpg

It's just a pity that wasn't taken forward into the new company...

Precision Propeller

I might be back in business with my precision... But... I also noticed that there is a raised line that runs from the punch marking the pitch to the root, across the base and back up again. Absolutely dead straight and appears equal on both sides. I can see this on all 3 blades. But can't remember if they were always like that. This would be basically where the two halves of the nylon clamp would be. Anyone else got this? (Just want to make sure all is ok).

not real name 500 Club

Precision Propeller

Can you post a pic Joe. I am reassembling my spare prop just now and there are no witness marks like you describe

G

Precision Propeller

Hi,

Hopefully they'll come out in the right sequence... I managed to get an old prop, a 4 blade from a 612. Interestingly two have the pitch marks and have this line, albeit more faint and not so raised, the two without, I can't see it.
    The first 3 show the line on one side, across the base and then the other. The last pic is from one of the blades of the 612 4-blade.

Regards

Joe

Attached files

Precision Propeller

Of course I meant 618, not 612!

not real name 500 Club

Precision Propeller

Looks like some kind of "contaminant" staining Joe ?? Is it ridged at all ?

Precision Propeller

Yes a slight ridge.

Precision Propeller

Isn't this just where the gap between the two plastic clamps is?
    Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast