Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to the Self Declaration Medical system - 25 August 2016

Changes to the Self Declaration Medical system - 25 August 2016

Geoff Weighell wrote: I know that the CAA pulled out all the stops to get the new form running as soon as the changes were agreed so we can forgive a couple of minor errors. I too have declared and notified of the lines, an error in wording and the missing tick. I am sure that these will get sorted soon.
    Thanks also to the CAA that when we raised the problem of unintended consequences they listened and responded. This is a great example of the associations working with the regulators to get things right.
    And let's not forget that what we have now got is passenger carrying for all, no Group 1 restrictions any more, and no GP fees and it lasts until you are 70 and thereafter every 3 years. Please don't forget the advantages in the rush to point out that it took time.
    Happy and safe flying.
    Geoff
    Thanks again Geoff.

I know you are a modest chap but you ought to know that huge appreciation has been expressed to you on other forums and I'm sure we all join in that.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Richard Goddin wrote:

Thanks again Geoff.

I know you are a modest chap but you ought to know that huge appreciation has been expressed to you on other forums and I'm sure we all join in that.
    Hear hear. Well done Geoff et al.

Glyn Pemberton wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sands
    good result Geoff.
    The black lines sound like a problem, but I can't see the unticked boxes being an issue - this is something they have sent back to you with some kind of receipt number. If they are not complaining that the boxes weren't ticked then it's not that important to them.
    Mike
    Mike, I think you misunderstand. The boxes were ticked on the form submitted but not ticked on the form returned. The form is processed automatically not by a human. The form was changed by the CAA process.
    No I didn't misunderstand Glyn, I just explained my thinking very badly. In essence I'm saying that I don't think the fact that there are two unticked boxes on the form they returned to you matters to them or to you. But if you are worried you can always submit again (mind you they might send back a note saying you can't have two self declarations :lol: )
    Mike

Without wishing to crawl the previous pages... where does it leave one when travelling to, for example, France.... ?

Senior Member 500 Club

The following from the CAA just now,

"A technical issue has caused the Pilot Medical Declaration (SRG 1210) online form to stop working and it is currently unavailable. We are doing our best to resolve the problems affecting the form as quickly as we can."

Diamond geezer 500 Club

France is OK Gwyn, because their microlight pilots only need to obtain a certificate "No contraindication to ULM flying" from a GP when they first apply for a licence.

This is why only a permit to fly and pilot's licence is required to fly a foreign microlight in France.

https://www.legifrance.gouv.fr/eli/a...1163A/jo/texte

The foreign status is clear as mud...

It says on the form "Your NPPL or UK PPL licence is invalid without a current medical declaration. It is your responsibility to renew the declaration if it has
    expired and to inform the CAA of any changes in your medical status by withdrawing or renewing your declaration as appropriate."

This medical document is validating the NPPL or UK PPL. If you have the medical then your NPPL or UK PPL is valid

But it also says "This declaration is not recognised internationally as an International Civil Aviation Organisation medical certificate. You may not use it to
    fly outside of the UK, unless you have obtained advance permission from the relevant aviation authority of the country being overflown."

The sentence "You may not use it to fly outside of the UK"...

Well you don't use a medical to fly outside of the UK. You use a valid licence. And this medical validates your licence.

So I'm really confused... as a holder of a UK PPL.

Written on the form:-
    Geographical Limitations
    This declaration is not recognised internationally as an International Civil Aviation Organisation medical certificate. You may not use it to fly outside of the UK, unless you have obtained advance permission from the relevant aviation authority of the country being overflown.

Posts overlapped... Thanks Donald )

As somebody who was badly effected by the original disqualifying conditions, and who is only interested in < 2000kg, I can't thank you enough Geoff! I can hardly believe you've achieved this..... that must have been one hell of a skilful piece of lobbying!

John

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast