Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Threat of further reduction in number of Customs airfields in France

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Threat of further reduction in number of Customs airfields in France

This is bad news, because Abbeville is listed among the airfields which will no longer be a port of entry.

http://www.aeroport.fr/uploads/docum...SION%20PPF.pdf

Working link: http://www.aeroport.fr/uploads/docum...ESSION PPF.pdf

Mind you, it's a link to something in bloody French so won't help the majority (me included!)

And I certainly don't see a list...

Diamond geezer 500 Club

The goverment has not disclosed the list, but it has admitted to the Customs union that it is reviewing the situation of 13 ports of entry. They are listed in the second para of page 2 here: http://www.solidaires-douanes.org/wp...s_la_honte.pdf

If Abbeville looses it's Customs status it will become more difficult for aircraft without transponders to get to France. If Abbeville is not useable I think that will leave only Calais - Le Touquet and Cherbough are in Class D airspace where transponders are mandatory. Or is there anywhere else?
    I routed via Abbeville a few weeks back going both in and out of France, as did quite a few others, so loosing their Customs status will surely effect their business and the viability of the airfield?
    AndyB

The status of Abbeville has been under threat since 2012. What do you mean by Customs Status. Le Touquet as a first point of entry airfield requires 2 hours customs notice, Abbeville at present now requires 4 hours notice. If for example you were flying direct to Amiens then 6 hours is required.
    Deuville is a customs airport with published hours with police on site so no notice is required and they are likely to walk out and greet you as you park up.

Filing a flight plan with a lead in time to activation and subsequent flight time has normally been assumed to constitute warning (true or not I am not sure). Technically I suppose you should ring the customs number to give details but I never have.

The flying abroad article in MF a few months ago might have covered this but I cant find the copy now.

Hi Frank,
    An airfield with 'Customs status' is required to be your first landing place in France. If Abbeville looses it's Customs then a lot of people will pass it by, and it will make flying into France much harder if you don't have a transponder. I also like using Abbeville as it is close to the Channel so you can see what the weather is doing. And they have been known to have good parties there.

In the summer I emailed Abbeville Customs the day before so that they knew we were coming - but had no reply - so filed a flight plan at Headcorn 1hr before departure.

AndyB

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Abbeville is no longer a Customs airfield.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...C:2016:401:TOC

Oh. Bollocks.

Most likely to affect inward journeys to france?

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Yes. Next best is Calais. Now OCAS, AFIS WED to SAT. FR only outside AFIS hours. 2HR PNR Customs. No mogas.
    Pierre 'la pompe' will miss us. He had a soft spot for les anglais.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast