Thread: Thruster TST wanted

not real name 100 Club

Thruster TST wanted

After a winter project with or without engine. Iv got the wing frames just need the rest! Prefer a non runner to resurrect, anything considered.

Diamond geezer Banned500 Club

Thruster TST wanted

A great choice Dom. I take that you've seen the one on AFORS?

not real name 100 Club

Thruster TST wanted

Sent you a PM Ginge.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Thruster TST wanted

Dom,

If you need a 503 I've got one on the Raven trike that I intend to sell. As for the Raven trike itself, that is also up for grabs as I need to downsize my fleet from 4 to 2, so the Raven trike is going, my Q is going, and I'll just be keeping my XLR trike and wing, and the Raven wing, along with my newly purchased mini-Max.

Best regards,

Bob Hood.

not real name 100 Club

Thruster TST wanted

Thanks for the offer Bob but i have 2 strokes that seem to be reproducing in my garage!!! And what's the story with the mini max? Are you three axis trained already?
    Stay safe
    Dom

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Thruster TST wanted

Dom,

The story with the mini-Max is that I hurt my shoulders rather a lot when doing FlyUK this year, and it took 2 months for them to be strong and pain-free enough for me to take to the air again. As a result I didn't really enjoy my first flight after those 2 months off very much, and took the decision to move over to the 'dark side' as the control stick forces are much lower than those experienced hanging on to the A frame base tube. However, I intend to keep my XLR and fly it with the Raven wing when the fancy takes, or perhaps the XL wing if I feel like going for a hover! :-)

There was a mini-Max on AFORS for not a lot of money, so I went to have a look at it, and with the boss's consent I shelled out the readies for it. So now I've got to do the conversion and that means I've got to do some time in Joan's simulator and T600 in order to get up to speed on 3 axis. After that I'll have to try and find someone to take pity on me for the tail dragger bit, as Joan doesn't have a tail dragger training aircraft. Meanwhile I'll be taxying up and down our runways as much as possible to help with learning the ground handling of the plane, so that when I do finally commit aviation in it, I'll have a good idea of what to expect when I come back to terra firma again.

Best regards,

Bob Hood.

not real name 100 Club

Thruster TST wanted

I thought that may have been the case. Best of luck with the minimax I will pop down for a cuppa and a nosey soon.
    Regards Dom

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Thruster TST wanted

Look forward to seeing you Dom