Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MF Foundation donations

MF Foundation donations

William Russell wrote: Do I think the BMAA should be handing out money for free flying for people who will not be able to continue to do so once funding ceases no I dont if truth be told.
    Do I think there should be an opt out clause again no as it would possibly cost more to implement thant the amount being given , so not worthwhile If enough members want it stopped the stop it if majority say keep it going or I dont give a shit then leave it as is.
    A conclusion possibly is that anyone who can afford to fly after training didn't need bursary funding in the first place?

Are you now a BMAA member William?

MF Foundation donations

And if they don't care about flying in Europe or European liaison should they be given an opt out on the EMF expenses?

And if they don't fly near Farnborough should they be given an opt out on the proportion of their fees that was used on time and expenses for BMAA to represent on it?

And if they fly Flexwing should they be given an opt out on tech staff liaison on Eurostar and C42 cracking ?

Where does this selective approach end?

Paul

Diamond geezer 500 Club

MF Foundation donations

Paul Dewhurst wrote:
    With no BMAA. Point well made.

Diamond geezer 500 Club

MF Foundation donations

Paul wrote: And if they fly Flexwing should they be given an opt out on tech staff liaison on Eurostar and C42 cracking ?
    Those cracking Eurostars turned out to be a bit flaky. :smile:

Senior Member 100 Club

MF Foundation donations

Paul Dewhurst wrote:

Paul
    To be fair, I think your examples are a bit different to a BMAA policy of giving away BMAA members money to individuals.

MF Foundation donations

In answer to your question Rick " NO I am not a member" as you well know as it is easy enough to check and you will have done so, So why ask? I have already made clear I was not going to renew my membership as long as you were on the committee or still meddling in the running of BMAA affairs.
    I do miss the mag though, I now fly an LAA machine and therefore am a member of the LAA. It does not stop me voicing my opinions as I would like the BMAA to still be here and operating when I do decide to rejoin. I don't want the organisation going the same way as this forum has because of the antics of a couple of ego maniacs that think they should still be badgering people into submission or having them leave in despair.
    regards
    William

MF Foundation donations

William Russell wrote: In answer to your question Rick " NO I am not a member" as you well know as it is easy enough to check and you will have done so, So why ask? I have already made clear I was not going to renew my membership as long as you were on the committee or still meddling in the running of BMAA affairs.
    I do miss the mag though, I now fly an LAA machine and therefore am a member of the LAA. It does not stop me voicing my opinions as I would like the BMAA to still be here and operating when I do decide to rejoin. I don't want the organisation going the same way as this forum has because of the antics of a couple of ego maniacs that think they should still be badgering people into submission or having them leave in despair.
    regards
    William
    I am not a member of the Council of the BMAA William and I have no way of knowing whether or not you are a member. I would however urge you to support the BMAA even though you have no present need. I support the LAA as well as the BMAA even though I have never owned and have no plans to own an LAA aircraft. It's only a few quid William so please put any contrary instincts to one side.

In the meantime, forum readers are entitled to be sceptical about the views of someone who isn't a member yet deigns to pass comments about the BMAA. Personally, I think this forum should be a members' forum.

Wales - Where calls to God are at local rate

MF Foundation donations

Paul Dewhurst wrote: And if they don't care about flying in Europe or European liaison should they be given an opt out on the EMF expenses?

And if they don't fly near Farnborough should they be given an opt out on the proportion of their fees that was used on time and expenses for BMAA to represent on it?

And if they fly Flexwing should they be given an opt out on tech staff liaison on Eurostar and C42 cracking ?

Paul
    That's what is Great about The "Freedom of Choice" you have your opinions and those owners in a syndicate that choose not to be members have theirs...... "Parasites" I think you called them.

It is obvious from the comments within the forum there is a need for change within the BMAA at all levels and members views should be considered whatever they are.

not real name 100 Club

MF Foundation donations

Dear all,
    I've been following this post with some interest and there are some issues that 'strike a cord' with me.

The facts are (as I see them) if you want to fly powered aircraft it logically is going to cost money i.e. :-

Capital outlay for craft
    Hangerage
    Maintenance
    Running cost (Fuel, Insurance)
    Landing fees etc

Not insignificant a list and depending on what (and how often) you fly could result in a significant 'per hour' bill. I call these costs 'essential' i.e. if I wish to fly then monies 'have' to be allocated to meet them (no different to any hobby/sport/pastime).

However, because I want to (can only afford to) fly microlights, on top of these comes the 'association costs' - Yearly Membership and Permit fees (plus a total charging policy for any other activity requested). I call these costs (politely) 'Association overheads' and I respectfully suggest that it is the duty of the Council to ensure that these cost are the absolute minimum necessary to meet obligatory outgoings.

I, therefore, also do not think that sponsorship of new pilots should be provided (at best I believe it simply provides 'good PR'). In further response to Geof's 'engage this with your Council member' - I have no idea who on the Council is 'my member' (I have, in the past, emailed Council members and had no response). Indeed recent emails to Admin BMAA re the Forum being down resulted in 'no response'.

Whilst the foregoing is provided I must also add that I do believe that sponsorship of Instructor Courses 'is' a good use of association monies - perhaps the BMAA could also even dispense with all its fees associated with becoming an instructor?

I now await the usual lambasting!

Regards

Senior Member 500 Club

MF Foundation donations

Hi Paul. All Council member's contact details are published in MF, so just have a look and email all or some.
    Forum management is Rob Hughes.
    Geoff

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234