Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MF Foundation donations

MF Foundation donations

Geoff Weighell wrote: The Bursary has already paid an AFI's test fees. This year it has also pledged a sum towards an instructor course for a young chap.
    I think my point Geoff is if so few Members contribute voluntarily to bursary funding (through MFF etc) can it be right to take money from the Members without asking them?

Senior Member 500 Club

MF Foundation donations

Well Rick, the members elect their representatives, the Board, to make decisions on their behalf. If the members think that encouraging young blood into flying is a poor use of funds then let them say so to their representative.
    Geoff

MF Foundation donations

Geoff Weighell wrote: Well Rick, the members elect their representatives, the Board, to make decisions on their behalf. If the members think that encouraging young blood into flying is a poor use of funds then let them say so to their representative.
    Geoff
    I think it's a poor use of funds.
    Could you please pass this message to my representative Geoff...thanks

MF Foundation donations

How many of our current instructors started this sport in their later years?

If the answer is not many, then without young blood entering the sport (as so many of our current instructors were when they started) we have a problem brewing.

Getting even a few youngsters involved can result in significant lifelong contribution to our sport. Ask any of those pilots taught by Rob Grimwood, Dave Broom, or of course all those pilots and instructors taught by Paul Dewhurst (he was young once!).

Regards,
    Paul Welsh (yet another Dewhurst trained pilot!).

Senior Member 500 Club

MF Foundation donations

That would be best coming directly from you Dave with supporting argument and perhaps alternative suggestions.

Geoff

MF Foundation donations

Geoff Weighell wrote: That would be best coming directly from you Dave with supporting argument and perhaps alternative suggestions.

Geoff
    I think the least we should do is to give Members an opt out of part of their subscription if they don't support the concept of bursaries.

MF Foundation donations

No Rick as nowhere in my last post did I mention handing out money to fund someone else's flying expenses what I said was a budding plane owner without the necessary mechanical skills to complete a homebuild on their own could access the help of a team of more capable people ad end up with a plane ready to fly and if they (the group)ended up with the tools required to facilitate the building of more aircraft then it was a win, win situation
    Not charity and no begging bowls in sight

MF Foundation donations

William Russell wrote: No Rick as nowhere in my last post did I mention handing out money to fund someone else's flying expenses what I said was a budding plane owner without the necessary mechanical skills to complete a homebuild on their own could access the help of a team of more capable people ad end up with a plane ready to fly and if they (the group)ended up with the tools required to facilitate the building of more aircraft then it was a win, win situation
    Not charity and no begging bowls in sight
    As a BMAA member, do you agree with the following William

"I think the least we should do is to give Members an opt out of part of their subscription if they don't support the concept of bursaries."

Do you think you should have the option?

Wales - Where calls to God are at local rate

MF Foundation donations

An opt out on:-

1. Bursaries
    2. Competition Funding
    3. Magazine

Should also be given at time of subscription and appropriate discounts applied.

MF Foundation donations

Do I think the BMAA should be handing out money for free flying for people who will not be able to continue to do so once funding ceases no I dont if truth be told.
    Do I think there should be an opt out clause again no as it would possibly cost more to implement thant the amount being given , so not worthwhile If enough members want it stopped the stop it if majority say keep it going or I dont give a shit then leave it as is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast