Thread: Pics from fight to taildragger flyin Cromer

Pics from flight to taildragger flyin Cromer

Unusually I took a camera along
    Cromer 17 Norfolk from 5000 1.jpg

Base leg, can you see the Cub on final?
    Cromer 17 in circuit Cromer.jpg
    Last edited by Ginge Sunley; 12th November 2017 at 15:40.

Yes, the Cub is visual..... can't tell if it is yellow or orange though.

Sean.

Mostly red but with a prominant side flash Sean. We arrived at the same time as a few others hence the large circuit to give everybody room. I do like Cromer though a great crowd of folks there. The flight home into wind was the longest single leg I've ever done in the TST, 2hr 40, thank heavens for the extra seat padding and the 40ltr tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginge Sunley View Post
    Mostly red but with a prominant side flash Sean. We arrived at the same time as a few others hence the large circuit to give everybody room. I do like Cromer though a great crowd of folks there. The flight home into wind was the longest single leg I've ever done in the TST, 2hr 40, thank heavens for the extra seat padding and the 40ltr tank.
    2hr 40mins OMG What distance did you need to cover? presumably not a local bimble then?

About 70 odd NM with an almost 20kt headwind, I kept speed down to 45kts for fuel economy and stayed low at about 1500' to minimise headwind. Previouly I've moved quicker and fuel stopped at Priory Fm, another great bunch of folks. But hey flying is about being in the air isn't it, the destination is just the excuse