Thread: “Jerry Carry” Backpack system

Junior Member I'm new!

“Jerry Carry” Backpack system

Jerry Carry Backpack.

Rucksack/Backpack system to carry a Jerry Can.
    (Jerry Can not included)

Lightweight webbing system to make carrying a full jerry can less of a chore.

The system packs up really tight and only weighs 300g so will have little effect on your payload capacity.

Have you ever carried a full jerry can from a garage back to the airfield on a fly-out? I have...... it sucks!!!

The Jerry Carry backpack makes it so much easier.

Cost Ł20.00 including postage.

Contact Chris. Email swish-tech@ntlworld.com

Swish.

Have you tried it out with a full 20 litre Jerry Can?
    The actual weight is close to 20kg that is on your back.
    Most 20 litre cans can get 22 litres inside so with the can weighing 4kg empty a full one will be 20.14kg, that isn't exactly a lightweight to have as a rucksack.

Barry.

Junior Member I'm new!
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY COOK View Post
    Swish.

Have you tried it out with a full 20 litre Jerry Can?
    The actual weight is close to 20kg that is on your back.
    Most 20 litre cans can get 22 litres inside so with the can weighing 4kg empty a full one will be 20.14kg, that isn't exactly a lightweight to have as a rucksack.

Barry.
    Hi Barry

The term Lightweight is referring to the Backpack only weight (300g). So this shouldn’t have much effect on your payload capacity.

The idea is it makes it easier to carry the fuel back from the garage to your aircraft. I carried a full jerrycan back from Morrisons in Sandown to my plane at Spamfield in August and honestly it was a pain.

So yes, I have carried a full jerrycan with it and it’s loads easier than putting it down and changing hands every few yards.

Hope this answers your question.

Chris.

Hi Chris,

I am interested in buying a jerry carry backpack system from you. I have sent you a private message and an e-mail. Please let me know how I can pay for it and order one off you as soon as possible. I really like the product.

Thanks,

Drew

silly question perhaps - what is wrong with using a folding trolley??

saves the effort of carrying and is just as practical?

Senior Member 100 Club
    I can see some situations where one might use footpaths rather than a road to walk from the filling station. I would struggle to pull a trolley along many of the footpaths in my area.
    Assuming the rucksack is frameless, it would easily tuck under the seat of a microlight. A folding trolley may be more difficult to stow.
    Each has its ideal application.
    Pete T.

"A closed mouth gathers no feet".

well in that case it is a personal choice.

personally i wouldn't choose a situation where i would need to carry a jerry can for refuel.
    either choosing airfields where fuel is on site, or happy to use a taxi service into the local town and use this as chance to fuel up.

horses for courses i suppose

Member Settling in
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Davies View Post
    snip... or happy to use a taxi service into the local town and use this as chance to fuel up.

horses for courses i suppose
    That is if you can find a taxi driver willing to carry your jerry can full of petrol back to the airfield.
    The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
    One-to-one ground school, ground exams , and certificates of experience. PM me for details.

Senior Member 100 Club
    I have a Jerry Can Rucksack and love it. It sits in the back seat of my Quantum Weightshift. There is also loads of room for camping gear etc as well as the Jerry Can. Very handy to have in a weightshift microlight. Thumbs up from me.

Damien

PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Walsh View Post
    That is if you can find a taxi driver willing to carry your jerry can full of petrol back to the airfield.
    talk about only concentrating on the bits you want to read
    as i stated
    "personally i wouldn't choose a situation where i would need to carry a jerry can for refuel. "