Thread: Boring and Honing Service

Diamond geezer 500 Club

Boring and Honing Service

Hello,

I'm not sure where I should post this, but I'd like to advertise that I've recently acquired a Buma engine cylinder boring bar, and a matching set of honing equipment. This may not seem very ground breaking, as I'm sure others have bought such items for personal use in the past. The difference is that I was trained for 5 years to be an engine reborer and honer when I first left school, so I have some modicum of knowledge on how to use these things. As such I'd like to now offer my services as a professional engine reborer and honer for single, twin, and other multi cylinder engines where each cylinder is a separate item, or a twin cylinder unit, i.e. Triumph, BSA and Norton twins, etc.

The reason I purchased the boring bar is that I'm going to be retiring from my present occupation soon (SQL and database reporting analyst programmer) and I'd like to take up something that will earn me some money and keep me off the streets when I retire.

Technical details:

The Buma boring bar has a boring range from 2.2" up to 4 3/8", so will rebore most if not all of the current Rotax engines, and quite a few others as well, provided they don't have Nikasil liners that is. It will also bore most vintage motorbikes and scooters (Triumph, BSA, Norton, Vespa, Lambretta, etc) so I'd like to advertise my services to those enthusiasts as well.

However, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put an advert for such services in the microlight world, or if there is a section that I haven't yet noticed on the forum, where such adverts should go.

Any advice on where this ad will be gratefully received, and I will be happy to move the ad to somewhere more appropriate if there is somewhere more appropriate to put it.

Best regards,

Bob Hood

P.S. I've added some photos of the boring bar, tools, jig, and honing equipment. Oh, and my location and contact details if anyone is interested are as follows;

Location: Borehamwood, Herts (nearest airfields London Colney and Plaistows)
    Tel no. : zero, seven, nine, five, six, six, eight, nine, eight, zero, six
    Email : bob [dot] hood [dot] uk [@] gmail [dot] com

Buma 1.jpgBuma 5.jpgTools 1.jpgJig 1.jpgHone 1.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Hood; 17th January 2018 at 15:50. Reason: Added contact details
    XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

have you put this on facebook also?

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Mik,

Not yet, but they will be going up on the microlight pilot's timeline and the SSDR timeline
    XL's forever! Well, one of them anyway. It's all I can afford, not to mention the Raven and the Mini-Max. Oh, and I almost forgot the Spectrum as well :-)

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Mik,

I've now added it to the microlight pilot's facebook page and the SSDR facebook page.