Thread: Definitive list of airfield frequencies.

Definitive list of airfield frequencies.

Having changed to an I-com A6E radio I now have the fun of programing it.

Does any one know of a list of VHF frequencies that are in use in the uk? Including if or when they are going to 8.33kHz spaceing.

you can start here, it won't have the smaller airfields, but it is reasonably up to date and there are separate cards for Northern England and Scotland.

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/vf...d_Freqcard.pdf

It is something that you'll need to watch via NOTAM and PPR, as a lot are gonna be changing in the future as they shift to 8.33. Examples being, in my area at least, Feb 12 North Weald will be changing to 123.530 and in March Rochester will be changing as Duxford is going to in November. I'm sure that there are a lot more sneaking around in the long grass at the moment that I've heard nothing of

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginge Sunley View Post
    Examples being, in my area at least, Feb 12 North Weald will be changing to 123.530 and in March Rochester will be changing as Duxford is going to in November. I'm sure that there are a lot more sneaking around in the long grass at the moment that I've heard nothing of
    Because the cost of an 8.33kHz frequency is 1/3 the cost of the same coverage on 25kHz, not unreasonable as 3 x 8.33kHz take the same bandwidth as one 25kHz and therefore the costs are proportionate.

Correct me if I've got this wrong but;
    North Weald (as an example) used to be 123.525 and is going to be 123.530. So that's actually the same frequency in the new format.
    So - if I dial in the old frequency in my new radio I'll get the right frequency won't I?

Laurie (2)

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauriehurman View Post
    Correct me if I've got this wrong but;
    North Weald (as an example) used to be 123.525 and is going to be 123.530. So that's actually the same frequency in the new format.
    So - if I dial in the old frequency in my new radio I'll get the right frequency won't I?

Laurie (2)
    Um well yes you will. But you're not supposed to know that...

The issue really isn't about the frequency, it's about the filters used in the radio to define the bandwidth so that next door frequencies don't interfere with each other.

If you've got a new radio just dial in the numbers they say and the radio will sort it out.
    Martin Watson
    Microlights in Norfolk
    Fixed Wing Instruction - Exams and GSTs - Revalidations
    07805 716407

Thanks Martin.
    Let's hope that "they" update their website information at the same time as they update their frequency.

Laurie (2)