Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 582 vs 912

Senior Member 500 Club
    Lots of terrifying figures here. Nothing that really helps, so here you go. Real Aviators fly anything they can get their hands on. Buy the 582 because you can afford it. Fly it. Be happy.

Whatever you buy a tip that can help is to study the log books before you realy look at the aircraft. It is too easy to fall in love with an aircraft and buy it almost regardless. Take an inspector to look, but check for yourself as well and you'll end up knowing your aircraft so much better.

Well worth reading service bulletins, and checking log books to see what has been done it will help you form an opinion on how the owners have looked after aircraft and engine. You'll find bulletins for most flexwing types on P&Ms site
    http://www.pmaviation.co.uk/
    Look under "Downloads"
    Info on Rotax engines you can find here
    http://www.rotax-owner.com/en/suppor...vice-bulletins.

Good Luck with whatever you go for and as Tom says "Fly it. Be Happy"

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by tomshep View Post
    Real Aviators fly anything they can get their hands on. Buy the 582 because you can afford it. Fly it. Be happy.
    I'm not worried about whether anyone thinks I'm a real aviator or not. Having spent four weeks grounded, getting the engine off and back on and the crank replacement, I can say from experience that there's a contradiction between flying, being happy and 582 ownership, especially when fixing it in the freezing cold.

It would be nice if the next generation ATV/snowmobile engine Kev's playing with got wider acceptance and showed the door to the larger two strokes. It would be better for environment too, as we'd then stop blowing significant amounts of two stroke oil into the atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, the smaller two strokes like the Corsair, Polini and Cisco are modern marvels of lightness, and easy to fix. They are key to SSDR & sub-70.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12