Thread: Quantum Leap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Member 100 Club

Quantum Leap

As mentioned in a previous thread I received last week a letter from P&M Aviation about some upgrades which are available for the Quantum range of Aircraft. In total there are 5 upgrades available under Mod 324, some of which are Major Mods done at the factory and whereby your aircraft will be test flown following the work. There are also a couple of Minor Mods, spats and fairings for uprights and Kingpost. The result is an increase of speed to 70 mph.

Well done to P&M Aviation. I think it is an excellent idea. There are many Quantums out there and the upgrades are I believe well priced. For around £2,500 to £3,000 a Quantum could be completely upgraded including a wing inspection at the factory.

I was considering holding onto my Quantum 503 for another 2-3 years with the aim of hopefully upgrading to a Quik 912 or a GT450. However now I think I could have a similar speed range from my Quantum following the upgrades. Plus I might consider buying a second hand 912 to nail onto the back whilst I am at it. It is certainly some food for thought. Not something I can do right now, but a plan for the future.

I wish P&M Aviation every success with this plan and I hope fellow Quantum owners make the investment and get their much loved Quantums upgraded to the Quantum Leap. Would be a very nice article for the BMAA Magazine. Looking forward to hearing more.

Damien

PILOTS are just PLANE people with a special AIR about them

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien Minnock View Post
    I was considering holding onto my Quantum 503 for another 2-3 years with the aim of hopefully upgrading to a Quik 912 or a GT450. However now I think I could have a similar speed range from my Quantum following the upgrades. Plus I might consider buying a second hand 912 to nail onto the back whilst I am at it. It is certainly some food for thought.
    A 912 engine frame will set you back about 600. Battery may need moved, and the 912 Quantum has thicker seat frame tubing than some of the other variants if they were made earlier in the production run. ISTR some early Q2 wings can't be upgraded to 409 from 390. Someone with real knowledge or a P&M employee will possibly soon give us the correct chapter and verse.

And don't forget your prop, gauges and carb heat. Can be more economical to sell and buy a good second hand sometimes when the opportunity arises
    flying is good for you!