Thread: Best place for online info/tutorials for rotax 582 operation/care/maintainance?

Best place for online info/tutorials for rotax 582 operation/care/maintainance?

I'm now a newbie flexwing owner and novice mechanic and I'm after all the help i can get. I'm fully aware of the knowledge and help of those present in the hangar but was after some other sources, ideally videos as well as reading material, that could help expand my knowledge a bit more. Any ideas?

One of the best places that I know is, believe or not free and is tucked away on California Power Systems website. If you search "California Power Systems- Airwolf"click on "rotax engine and parts" then click on "Tech Articles". You will find a list of realy great items written by Mike Straton on 2 strokes in general with a good number on the 582 in particular.

CPS also do Engine manuals, repair manuals and installation manual. They used to do videos on how to do a complete strip and rebuild, but I can't locate those on the site now. Might be worth an ask though because they were excellant, I have a 503 one that I treat almost as a bible.

Another place that is alway well worth looking at is The Rotax Owners Club https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/. There you will find useful videos and a forum where you can ask specific questions.

I hope that will get you started anyway

Cheers for the help Ginge