Thread: GA APPG consultation on ACP process

Member Settling in

GA APPG consultation on ACP process

... it is aviation after all; translates as All Party Parliamentary Group on General Aviation consultation on the process for managing Airspace Change proposals.

I posted in another thread but maybe this is the better place to discuss.

Joan
    The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
    One-to-one ground school, ground exams , and certificates of experience. PM me for details.

Senior Member 100 Club
    Well done Joan. We should fight the Farnborough decision all the way. It is purely an airspace land grab designed to eliminate any delays for wealthy business customers flying their highly inefficient and polluting business jets in and out. They should use public transport or get on their bike.

Farnborough say that they handle 7000 business movements annually. Sounds a lot doesn't it? But don't have any sympathy for them because that only amounts to an average of just over 19 movements per day. Less than 2 per hour in a 10 hour day. Hardly a busy place and this amount of traffic certainly doesn't warrant disrupting a large swaith of southern England airspace, and inconveniencing many more people than use Farnborough.

What on earth were the CAA thinking of? Were there bribes involved? If not then it must be incompetence and a total disregard for GA and microlighting. They do know about microlighting, don't they?

Member Settling in
    Posted on the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hood View Post
    Adrian,

Money talks! And as far as they're concerned, microlighters can walk!
    Indeed Bob, that is perhaps why we should break our tradition of isolation from other forms of GAand maybe participate in this consultation, either individually or lobbying our council to contribute (possibly through GW) on our behalf.

Notice the invitation within the announcement: "Anyone interested in participating in or helping to shape the Terms should contact ellis@generalaviationappg.uk ". That means it could be possible for someone to contribute to shaping the inquiry such that it includes light recreational aviation, not just wait until it cut and dried.Remember, this is being chaired by Grant Shaps, he who set up the GA Red Tape Challenge, which brought us, among other things, full fat SSDR.

Don't whinge: get involved. Please.

Joan
    Last edited by Joan Walsh; 24th July 2018 at 18:39. Reason: minor improvements (I hope) to text
    One-to-one ground school, ground exams , and certificates of experience. PM me for details.

Member Settling in
    Further info [here]