Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Soft spot' types

Quote Originally Posted by Allan Gridley View Post
    Hi Martin,

I hope you are keeping well and surviving in deepest Norfolk. I’ve heard my former Xair Falcon referred to as many things in the past but never sophisticated!
    Believe me that as a TST pilot the Falcon is a pretty sophisicated beast . Indoors, flaps and those big soft seats

A TST eh ..... even in these “enlightened” times masochism is still popular!!

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Haha well I'll let you know about that soon: I've just bought one (a few bits to fettle before it can take to the skies).
    And Hi Allan. Yes, Norfolk treating me very well thanks.
    Martin Watson
    Microlights in Norfolk
    Fixed Wing Instruction - Exams and GSTs - Revalidations
    07805 716407

Member Settling in
    TST ... masochism...
    No 'type wars' please. Unless you've flown one, don't believe everything you've read in Geoff Hill's editorials.

The TST, by the way, provides ample opportunity to carry appropriate bum cushioning for those with bony bottoms and one can adjust the seat position to accommodate a range of leg lengths.

I must admit that in comparison the Falcon seats do feel like well-stuffed armchairs :-)
    Last edited by Joan Walsh; 9th August 2018 at 13:04.
    The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
    One-to-one ground school, ground exams , and certificates of experience. PM me for details.

A TST eh ..... even in these “enlightened” times masochism is still popular!!
    Ahh, but outdoors is the only way to fly , the only suffering I ever noted was the super hard seats Those are now well padded
    Last edited by Ginge Sunley; 9th August 2018 at 15:12. Reason: Grammer correction

Senior Member 100 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Watson View Post
    Haha well I'll let you know about that soon: I've just bought one (a few bits to fettle before it can take to the skies).
    And Hi Allan. Yes, Norfolk treating me very well thanks.
    Did you buy Andy's TST in the end?
    Pete T.

"A closed mouth gathers no feet".

Diamond geezer 500 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Twissell View Post
    Did you buy Andy's TST in the end?
    I did. G-MVDE Thruster TST with a 503 with recoil starter. I need to get a radio set up in it because Felthorpe is inside Norwich's class D airspace and they rather like to talk to us (non radio is allowed, but makes life a bit harder for everyone).
    Martin Watson
    Microlights in Norfolk
    Fixed Wing Instruction - Exams and GSTs - Revalidations
    07805 716407

Congratulations Martin, so just a tad older than our G-MVDF.
    I must admit that I'm supprised that we have heard so little from flexi pilots. I sure that they have such types judging from the smiles of Chaser pilots after landing
    Last edited by Ginge Sunley; 9th August 2018 at 15:16.

Senior Member 500 Club
    I started off in a Skyranger and wasn't keen on it. Jabirus are too cosy for me but I loved the C42 and would buy one tomorrow given the money. Like the Luscombe and did a tailwheel conversion in an Escapade which was not entirely my cup of tea.
    But the MiniMax that has been my master/mistress, child, teacher and obsession for the last seven years is the BEST thing I ever spent money on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12