Thread: I said Get thee behind me, Satan.

Senior Member 500 Club

I said Get thee behind me, Satan.

And, having done so, he obligingly forced my cheque writing hand to buy a Rans S6 yesterday. I will be basing it in the open air, so it needs covers. does anybody know of a set for sale, please?

Is that congratulations Tom or comiserations Tom's bank balance, possibly both?
    Should you end up having to buy new there is Nigel at Top Flight, Rod at Volair used to supply covers for Thruster (good heavy ones) or finaly Ace Aviation make covers for X Airs also could be a source.
    Good Luck and Happy flying

Ginge

Senior Member 500 Club
    Decided to buy the material and make my own. Old Singer due today, advice from Mum who can sew zips into car bonnets and buttons on cats. Can't be that difficult...

Senior Member 100 Club
    Don't forget to sew some soft material on the inside where it rests on the windows especially the windscreen area

Senior Member 100 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev Bailey View Post
    Don't forget to sew some soft material on the inside where it rests on the windows especially the windscreen area
    Very true. Even better, velcro it in place so that it can be taken home and washed every so often, otherwise you eventually end up with soft sand paper against your windscreen. Well I did anyhow.
    The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
    GR examiner and TST pilot.
    and now a Tai Chi instructor

Senior Member 500 Club
    I am going to use a quilted material over the glazing and a final inner layer of microfibre cloth. This will velcro to the middle layer of the cover which will be polytarp which is being made now. This, once it fits the aircraft will be the mannequin for the Cordura cover.
    I shall be sewing a tall and thick web on the wing cover to break up the airflow over the wing. This will stop the cover from lifting and it will do the same for the aircraft so it shouldn't bob around so much in the wind.