Thread: Where have the Shadows gone?

Where have the Shadows gone?

Hi all...is this still an active forum for Shadow folks?

Thanks
    Terry

The whole forum is very quiet, but if you have questions or wish to pass on gained knowledge a fair number access it and may well respond

Senior Member 100 Club
    Yip, everyone seems to have abandoned this forum and gone to Facebook - you'll find heaps of activity on the "CFM Shadow Aircraft Owners Group"
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/263902687415672/

Facebook is nowhere near as good for technical support or as an archive of Shadow advice/info, but it has other advantages.

I'd like to see this BMAA forum active again for support (advice, technical info, etc) and keep Facebook for social interaction (e.g. flying events, trip reports, banter between pilots, etc)

PS: I still keep,checking here for posts, but dead quiet.
    Cheers,
    Bruce

PS: My free online library of Shadow/Streak technical documents has been shifted to a new web address https://cfmshadow.weebly.com/
    (Please update your bookmarks/favourites).

You're welcome to browse the Pilot's Notes, Manuals, SBs, TADS + mods,
    plus the Shadow flight tests and other information.

If you have any of the 'missing' Streak, StarStreak or DD documents, then it would be fantastic if you could contribute them.
    Please contact me via my Fly Micro website.

Senior Member 100 Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Conway View Post

I'd like to see this BMAA forum active again for support (advice, technical info, etc) and keep Facebook for social interaction (e.g. flying events, trip reports, banter between pilots, etc)

PS: I still keep,checking here for posts, but dead quiet.
    yeah, I agree; no support from head office other than to leave the forum up.

It's up to us readers to post something, even just to keep an interesting or amusing conversation going at 'Chat about anything'.

I don't use FB 'cos they don't pay enough for my data.
    The pilot formerly posting as MadamBreakneck
    GR examiner and TST pilot.
    and now a Tai Chi instructor

Thanks for the replies guys 'n gals. I'm glad I'm not the only anti Facebooker around these days and am pleased to see that you are still checking in here. I've just got myself a bd-dd Shadow is built as a bd but now powered with a 532 and streamlined wing struts, uc mods done. Flying soon once my runway dries out a bit more... T

Senior Member 100 Club
    Where are you based Terry? I am at Newton Peveril in Dorset with G-MTHT, a CD, although originally a BD.

I am going to convert it to electric power this coming winter and will post the progress on the Microlight Forum but also here so that it ends up in the Shadow archive. Hopefully it will encourage other Shadow owners to think about electric power and breath new life into the type.

image.jpg